HybridZ

L28 crankshaft dimensions/specifications

azcarbum

Ok.. these questions may seem odd, but its for all the common good of us z folks..:icon47:

Any help appreciated, as all my motors are built, and I don't have access to any exposed cranks.

==============================

Weight of a L28 crank?

Length and Thread pitch of crank bolt?

Crank snout diameter?

Crank/keyway measurments: (tip of snout to beginning of keyway & keyway length?)??

degree's from TDC to keyway?

Keyway size?? ( ex....3/16" or 1/4")??

• Administrators

Weight of a L28 crank?

46lbs on my precision calibrated Walgreen bathroom scale.

Length and Thread pitch of crank bolt?

M16x1.5x32mm

For what you're doing... I'll stand on the 5th for the remainder.

• Like 1

• Administrators

For what you're doing... I'll stand on the 5th for the remainder.

“Hello… McFly?!?!?!” . How do you think you are going to “stand on the 5th” when there are only 2 B-room scales in the whole shop? :P

Like DUH?!?!?!

I'm not sure if they are different or not yet (but I will know tomorrow or today, as they are due in), but I recently got a replacement crankshaft, and the pulley bolt from the old one doesn't fit it. The threads on the bolt are a little worn though.

However, 70-79 and 80-83 use different pulley bolts and washers. I ordered a pair for each of them, and I believe they will be in today to see what the difference is between them. I do know the washer for the 80-83 was $7 and change!

ok, one set of bolt and washer 12309-21000 (bolt) and 12308-65000 (washer) have a ~30mm bolt and a larger diameter washer than the other set 12309-V0800 and 12308-V0700, which has roughly a ~45mm crank bolt but smaller diameter washer. I think the longer bolt / smaller pulley is for the later models by the price of the washer, but not 100% sure. The longer bolt would make more sense though, since the later cars had 3 row pulleys.