HybridZ

IMPACT wrench.. recommended torque?!

proxlamus©

Hey guys..

I am currently in the market for a nice electric impact wrench...

I currently own a Husky 1/2" pnuematic impact wrench that I believe drives 300 ft/lb.. which is plenty for breaking off most bolts on my car.

Now.. hooking up the compressor is a major PIA.. so i am looking for a nice electric unit... cordless would be awsome..

Now harbour freight is selling some cheap 1/2" Electric Impact Wrenchs for $79 and delivers 280 ft/lb.

I purchased a CORDLESS 18v 1/2" impact wrench today that delivers 150ft/lb for $39.99!!! which seems OOKKK I will try it out for a few days.. but some of the big companies like Home Depot sell 250ft/lb cordless units for $299! ouch!

So I was curious.. what is a good recommended electric unit or TORQUE amount for a general automotive application. Cordless would be great for junkyards ;)

Ryan

Now harbour freight is selling some cheap 1/2" Electric Impact Wrenchs for $79 and delivers 280 ft/lb.

A lot, and I mean a lot, of the local racers/autocrossers use this exact tool. It lasts about 9 months to a year and its cheap enough that if you forget it at the track, you just buy another one. Most guys carry a spare because when the tool breaks, its trash time.

I just got me this to get some axles out of the turbo festiva,I was having a hard time using regular tools.Its amazing how easy they came off with this one.I think its worth the money,I payed below 300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEWALT-18V-CORDLESS-IMPACT-GUN-WRENCH-KIT-DW059K-2-NEW_W0QQitemZ120070855482QQihZ002QQcategoryZ71302QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem