HybridZ

any exhaust clips of I-6 Z's?

palauoriginal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea what kind of exhaust it is, but it sure sounds nice IMO.

Theres also a PIT exhaust(never heard of it before) that sounds really nice on a 350z

Or you could be like me and just run a pipe to the back of your car and wake up everyone withen 5 miles of you when you touch the throttle:D

JM's sounds the best to me.

Here's an in car vid of my z pulling away from a light. (partial throttle)

http://album.hybridz.org/data/509/MOV00638.MPG

-MSA POS header

-2.5" MSA turbo (mandrel bends) exhaust and turbo muffler.

I've run the same system without a muffler and although it sounds VERY nice, it is not streetable. (well, maybe to some ricers, but not me.)

edit: oh yeah I have 10.3:1 static compression. I have been told that this tends to change the exhaust note.

Well I have a clip, so i'll share.

restrictive headers, 2.5 crush piping, Borla Pro XS mufler.

I ran the Borla w/o res. and 6-1 headers on my L28 and it sounded really good all around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b32OdrUYzQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msilKMCRp_A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYArIFVTSFc

I'd love to post mine but it's not running right now lol I took the ECU out to rewire so it'll control ignition now too. I couldn't hear olies for some reason but mine has a MSA 6-2-1 header that I actually really like, into 2.5" crush bent exhaust (only 2 turns) into a dynomax "bullet" muffler and finishes through a magnaflow street series flow through muffler. The dynomax was added about a year later as at top rpm range it would make ears bleed acording to friends I raced. They dynomax is completly flow through 2.5" all the way through, the magna flow is flow through as well but steps down in pipe diam inside the muffler probably 1.5 or 2" I haven't measured it. It sounds alot like the one with the Borla muffler posted as far as deep bass sound, but finishes with the raspy Z roar like the first clip posted. It has alot more bass to it since I added the dynomax. I'll try to post when I get it running.

Oh yeah.. forgot to mention I run a decent sized cam too so it lopes when it idles kinda like a v-twin motorcycle, although the megasquirt cleaned up the idle quite a bit, much smoother now.

i heard mario's twice before..those sound amazing but a little too loud for me

olie's sounds a little loud too

i really like EMWHYR0HEN's tho...

we will see if there are anymore

EMWHYR0HEN is running an RB25 though, it will probably sound different on an L series.

Thanks for the props OTM!

With it fully sealed up (only lasted a few days... f'ing speedbumps) I could get explosions out the back decelerating at certain rpms! It sounds amazing!

It isn't loud on the highway or at really low rpms (<2k). Can't really hear anything but the exhaust while accelerating though... and talking with most girls is nearly impossible... Little kids (well, and us not so little kids) love the exhaust note. I love the looks I get!

I'm thinking of replacing both glasspacks with bullet mufflers, and the drone at ~2.2k is head hurting, so it's always below or above that.

Mario

Guest 280ZForce

4" dp to 3" straight back mandrel bent piping, no restrictions, exits out a Apexi N1 Turbo muffler...

th_RevFromBack.jpgClick here...Revving up and hitting rev limiter

Gets alot louder when I'm driving, well through the muffler gets quieter, and my open w/g tube gets loud as sh*t.

I also recommend a magnaflow straight through muffler, I had 1 of those on before this 1 and it sounded real good.

sorry for the poor quality...taken on my cellphone ... this is the stock exhaust with the muffler moved from the passenger side rear to the driver side with a magnaflow.

sorry.. you will have to copy and paste.

http://www.t-mobilepictures.com/PaulH1970/_entry/8a38a9d01011a8d5011011a94365011b/ps/ENTRY/EDITENTRY?foneblog=1168527458774

i heard mario's twice before..those sound amazing but a little too loud for me

olie's sounds a little loud too

i really like EMWHYR0HEN's tho...

we will see if there are anymore

Hey Thanks, But Mario is right though. With my setup you hear the engine more than an L series which contributes to the sound.

However, when I ran my L28 I had the same exhuast setup and to be honest with you I like the exhaust note better with the L28 w/ SU's better than the RB. Not only me though, but alot of my friends and family ( who are also into cars) will agree that the L sounded better.

I really recomend the Borla pro XS. It's moderate in terms of loudness, but if I could decribe it I would say it brings out the exhaust note at all differnt rpm's. Borla's been around for a while and they make nice stuff, the pro xs is a nice stainless peice and it's not something to tuck and hide. I learned the hard way and bought a cheapo muffer that broke and sounded like junk. You get what you pay for, so buy once, and be done with.

• 2 weeks later...