HybridZ

383 Stroker or LT1?

Hey everyone. I am new to HybridZ, but I have already gained a lot of info from this site. I am currently working on swapping a V8 into a 79 280zx.:rockon: I have a 350 Vortec block only that I was planning on rebuilding and converting to a 383 stroker for my Z, but after adding up everything I thought I would need, the price was already out of my set budget! Anyway, I was looking around on the internet today and found a complete running 350 out of a 95 Camaro for $850 at a nearby salvage yard! Would it be worth it to dish out the extra $$$ for the added power of the 383 stroker or should I just stick with the great deal I found on the LT1? I am wanting reliability and power....nothing just absolutely insane with power, but still quite a bit. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

LT1's a great engine, $850 is a good price for a good running one. a stroker is gonna be expensive, so if ur budget is set, you might wanna save some money for other parts of the car and not blow it all on a engine. a Lt1 in any Z will fly for daily driving.