HybridZ

Affordable coilovers on eBay

Greetings,

Gents has anyone use this type/kind of coilover, I had e-mail the seller asking for more information about the product, i.e. rate on the springs, how the sleeve is going to rest on the strut (is the seller providing the flange for the sleeve to rest), etc… with no answer from the seller. Any information that one of you guys may have on this product would be of great help.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=013&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=230073413898&rd=1

Thank you,

Alex Deprat

"Not to be compared with low cost coilovers" LOL!!!

I did my coilovers for about $300 with the springs and threaded colars/nuts. all with high grade stuff. QA1 coils and carrera collars. got the springs from summit and the collars from A1racing.com which is a CASCAR supplier...

You just have to have access to a welder (I had free access at the time) and figure out what to do for upper hats...I modified my stock upper hats and it works OK but not great.

Guest TeamNissan
"Not to be compared with low cost coilovers" LOL!!!

I did my coilovers for about $300 with the springs and threaded colars/nuts. all with high grade stuff. QA1 coils and carrera collars. got the springs from summit and the collars from A1racing.com which is a CASCAR supplier...

You just have to have access to a welder (I had free access at the time) and figure out what to do for upper hats...I modified my stock upper hats and it works OK but not great.

Ya I plan on I.m.ing you about that when you come on aim lol.

I've found (90% of the time) that the folks selling this stuff have no familiarity with the product other than a brochure sitting in front of them. Some of them use competitor’s brochures. My guess is these springs are targeting the "slammed" crowd that wants the car as low as it can go, regardless of ride quality, or performance loss, with a one size fits all mentality.

This is in the wrong forum, moving to the BWSC forum. As has been suggested, the Cosmo stuff has been hashed out before, and there are other options out there. A search (in the right forum, you're not going to find much in the L6 forum) would yield a lot of information.

I find his writing at the bottom of the ad interesting:

"

COSMO witticism

It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little.

When you pay too much you lose a little money, that's is all.

When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything,

because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing

you bought it to do. The common law of business balance

prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done.

If you deal with the lower pricing seller, it's well to add something

for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough

to pay for a better service and product."

Once again, thank you all for the inputs, I installed the ground control set up on my 73n/a, years ago, although I was just wondering about the affordable price on the set on eBay for my 77et. I believed I am going the route of buying the product individually just like olthertanme. Jmortensen, my apologies for starting the thread on the wrong forum.

Respectfully,

Alex Deprat