HybridZ

water inj. guys chime in...

GrayZee

Try the search function with key words "methanol injection", I've already asked and there's quire a bit of knowledge compiled there.

Do you know of anything specific? I already did a search and only found countless pages of references to meth injection, it's uses, cons, pros ect... I know all about it.. I have been using it for 2 years. What I did NOT find is any specific references to people that are using it and NOT using a intercooler as well.

I ran a 10 sec 1/4 mile with no intercooler, just water/methanol injection from an old Spearco water injection system.If you don`t count the N20 shot.At the moment I am running a methanol injection system with no intercooler,but it`s a complex system .If I had to do it all over from scratch I would run 6 addition injectors on there own fuel rail and switch over to 100% methanol under boost.Methanol works , I am a beliver.

i built the same inexpensive,simple alky injection set up as you posted ...i have no times to back up its benefits and it is sort of "intercooled" being a remote turbo install[long return pipe]..but it never pings on 87 octane...its doing something right.

i built the same inexpensive,simple alky injection set up as you posted ...i have no times to back up its benefits and it is sort of "intercooled" being a remote turbo install[long return pipe]..but it never pings on 87 octane...its doing something right.

What sort of boost levels do you run? I now have 3 nozzles, 2 in the charge pipe and one in the air intake. The first two power up at a mere 5psi, and the 3rd one not until 12psi. I'm looking to upgrade the pumps tho to run higher pressure/smaller nozzles. Maybe I can set a record for the fastest turboZ without a IC.. LOL With a bigger turbo and some better tires I imagine I can break into the 11's Damn I wish I had the benifit of a lighter 240 chassis...

510six's 10second run is certanly impressive but it's kinda in a different league at it is a lighter chassis and benifits from nitrous.

I'm a meth addict as well. Hands down its the best way to have a QUICK Z that runs on the street, $$ wise.

I run 26psi all day on pump gas with only 450cc injectors. I just fill up on meth at the track for $2.50 a gallon.

As far as running without a IC. . . If i was to start over again, I would do meth before and IC. But it still wouldnt stop me from puttin on an IC eventually.

I run staight Methanol BTW.

What sort of boost levels do you run? I now have 3 nozzles, 2 in the charge pipe and one in the air intake. The first two power up at a mere 5psi, and the 3rd one not until 12psi. I'm looking to upgrade the pumps tho to run higher pressure/smaller nozzles. Maybe I can set a record for the fastest turboZ without a IC.. LOL With a bigger turbo and some better tires I imagine I can break into the 11's Damn I wish I had the benifit of a lighter 240 chassis...

510six's 10second run is certanly impressive but it's kinda in a different league at it is a lighter chassis and benifits from nitrous.

i have it set to 9 lbs boost using a assist spring on the T3 internal wastegate arm....very low buck and it works decent.

9psi is pretty conservative, I can run that without any water/meth. Mind you you said you were running 87octane. If I were you I'd start running 91octane and try a couple more lbs of boost. Ever try using a simple check-ball style manual boost controller? They work great you can get one on ebay for like $10 or even make one yourself. If you have a pop off valve on your manifold you'll wanna plug it with a 1" pipe plug as it'll start venting around 10psi.