HybridZ

Flames don't look good

savageskaterkid

I thought it was funny that I found this on ebay.

Well, now I know what flames on a Z looks like, and I am not very impressed. Originally when he was selling it a few months ago, he thought he could get 9k for it. This is the guy that said that a Z with a motor swap is sacreligious, and is therefor garbage, yet since his has the original motor thats been rebuilt it is considered a great deal. He says its a new remanufactured nissan head, but he originally told me he just got the p90a rebuilt. Sorry to rant, but I'm really not a big fan of this guys work, as he is a Nissan mastertech that likes to throw his title out there as being the most knowledgeable of the car guys. This guys argued his Z was better and he challenged me to a race, I was happy to setup a race as soon as the track reopens, and he is so cocky that he wants to bet $2000 on this race. By then I was thinkin of what I could buy for the Z with that money. But he said he wants to race his 240sx, and I decline, because I have heard of this 240sx, he says there is no SR20 in it, but from being near the city he lives in, I've heard its an S15 SR20 6-speed, but I think someone said that its N/A with a huge CR? IDK, depending on how the Z responds to me in the next couple months, I may be at the local track on street night and lay down a smaller bet, such as $200-$500. Don't bid.

Yet again, sorry for the rant, but I couldn't seem to find the thread I posted awhile back about it, maybe it got deleted or my buddys computer never actually posted it.

Well my friend, seem's to me you allready won, the guy said your Z was garbage and that he wanted to race you for 2000$ thinking you'd shy away but, to his suprise, you stepped forward and even offered to set the race up.

Suddenly, he wants to race a 10 y/o car (with a swapped engine) against an 35 y/o car, seems to me he proved to you and everybody else that HE owns the POS.

+ what would be more sacreligious, swapping the engine, to give a new lease on life to a great clasic or painting FLAMES on a nice classic that is neither a 32 deuce coupe n'or an Harley Davidson gas tank.

Keep it up and whip his as*.

I think I am going to setup this race against his SR20, worst case senerio I loose what I bet, I won't bet anything that I can't afford to loose.

to be honest, i think you're gonna lose.

more details about what you have, and what he's selling for 9k would be a good post.

especially because he should race what he thinks is not "garbage".

and if he has a 240sx with an SR20 swap, that basically makes it garbage by his standards, because its not a 200sx or a 180sx. it's a 240. it should have a 2.4 litre.

to be honest, i think you're gonna lose.

more details about what you have, and what he's selling for 9k would be a good post.

especially because he should race what he thinks is not "garbage".

and if he has a 240sx with an SR20 swap, that basically makes it garbage by his standards, because its not a 200sx or a 180sx. it's a 240. it should have a 2.4 litre.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200067450509&rd=1,1

I was gonna post this in the original post, but I guess I forgot. Now hes only asking $4900.

Why do you think I'm going to loose? Its kind of a bold statement knowing niether car, and what was explained as being an N/A sr20 vs. what is written as my signature-maybe I should update that?

If you wanna know the basics of my build, here is what I can think of off the top of my head. N42 bottom with dished pistons, N47 head with light port work, most likely a MLS head gasket-Hopefully I'll have something like 8.5-8.75:1 CR. MSnS system workin with 440 injectors, if not higher. A Holset H1e running about 12-15psi. Right now I'm trying to mockup an SRT-4 intercooler, but I may sell that for something a bit bigger. I plan to use a 2-3lb shot of the laughing gas off the line to spool the turbo. I see no less then 325whp while spraying. I already have the turbo, intercooler, MSnS and a few other things, all I need is injectors and to setup my nitrous system. Soon after the motor is broken in I have plans for a meth injection. Thats the basic jist of my buildup, and I may be forgetting things, but all that vs. a STOCK n/a SR20. Who do you think will win now?

How fast could a little N/A 4 banger really be? Dont get me wrong, I know you can do some radical stuff with em but after a certain point you get something thats undriveable and non functional for any real street driving.. So unless hes running one crazy build and its essentially drag-only I wouldnt think there would be THAT much trouble in the car. Hell, find a Zer with something really nasty under the hood and set that race up..

Someone lend me a 125 shot of nitrous and I'll run him in my SHO.. hahaha.

My M Roadster is sold and waiting for a shipping time and location. I'm buying a motorcycle to drive on nice days while I sort the Z out for track duty. I'm also gonna look at a daily driver to knock around in while I decide what else to buy (looking at Vipers/Vettes/Porsches). I plan to buy something for less than $10K and have as a spare vehicle that can be used if the truck or the wife's car is in for repairs and a nice looking clean older Zcar would fit the bill.. This one has nice lines, and except for the attention getting paint, it looks good on the interior. If it's not a total rust bucket, I may well buy it.

Mike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=010&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=200067450509&rd=1,1

I was gonna post this in the original post, but I guess I forgot. Now hes only asking $4900.

Why do you think I'm going to loose? Its kind of a bold statement knowing niether car, and what was explained as being an N/A sr20 vs. what is written as my signature-maybe I should update that?

If you wanna know the basics of my build, here is what I can think of off the top of my head. N42 bottom with dished pistons, N47 head with light port work, most likely a MLS head gasket-Hopefully I'll have something like 8.5-8.75:1 CR. MSnS system workin with 440 injectors, if not higher. A Holset H1e running about 12-15psi. Right now I'm trying to mockup an SRT-4 intercooler, but I may sell that for something a bit bigger. I plan to use a 2-3lb shot of the laughing gas off the line to spool the turbo. I see no less then 325whp while spraying. I already have the turbo, intercooler, MSnS and a few other things, all I need is injectors and to setup my nitrous system. Soon after the motor is broken in I have plans for a meth injection. Thats the basic jist of my buildup, and I may be forgetting things, but all that vs. a STOCK n/a SR20. Who do you think will win now?

well i was under the impression that the N/A s15 that he has probably's got some goodies, and you didn't really post anything about your car.

but it might be a good race.

show him what your car is capable of, and get it on video... and record him tooting his own horn on camera, since he thinks he's hot ♥♥♥♥ too.

that way when you post it on the web, you have his ugly mug and his voice/quote online for everyone to diss him with, for being such a cocky loser.

people like that deserve it. so by all means...