HybridZ

Where do you guys get your Spark Plug Wires?

LamboZ

Ive been looking for Magnecor KV85's but i can't find a Z or a Universal kit at all.

Only place I did was Alamo Motorsports but they dont take my credit card. just my luck right.

I HATE Taylor wires and thats all MSA offers.

any help?

Its a L28ET with MSnS, Big turbo and Big Boost.

thanks.

thanks!

but im really looking for a set of Magnecor KV85's.

from all the searching ive done it seems like these are the best for a turbo'ed L28ET Z.

NGK-R's i had before were good but im looking to try something new.

those Taylor wires just wont work with the Megasquirt at all.

• Administrators

The plug wire debate will go on forever.

If you are running an aftermarket EFI system, especially Mega squirt or SDS, then Magnecor is really your only option if you desire “reliable” EFI operation without a compromise in performance as they offer THE best suppression out there and they are a HIGH performance plug wire, (Nology is also supposed to real good, but I have no experience with their wires, sorry). Taylor, Accel, MSD, NGK, etc are just “OK” wires and look pretty. If you are running OE EFI or carbs, those cheapo plug wires will function fine, but they do emit a lot of EM noise. Jacobs makes a high quality wire that is a true performance wire and it does offer some EMI suppression over the cheaper “pretty” wires such as MSD, Taylor, NGK, etc. but the Jacobs are still not as good as Magnecor for EMI suppression. Aftermarket EFI is VERY sensitive to EMI and suffers from resets due to inexpensive plug wires and non resistor spark bolts. I’ve personally seen it time and again and experienced this first hand on my own cars.

These threads are VERY informative in regards to plugs wires and actual real world results. Read them all the way through.

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112407

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115390