HybridZ

KYB 5 way adjustable struts.

The Adjustable KYBs are fairly cheap. I priced them for the Honda Civic I have (90 model) and they are $69. However, my previous experience with KYBs and Zcars was that they were blowing seals back in the 90s... One of my car parts buddies who managed a parts place actually QUIT stocking KYB products because the return on them for defect was to high.

Hopefully these new adjustable units are MUCH better, as I'll be putting them on the Honda unless I can get some Koni or Tokico units within $20 of that price...

Mike

icon_biggrin.gif

I bought a set of KYB Shocks for my 1983 280ZXT the front cost $$96.55 for the front pair.They had five adjustments; used a little screwdriver thingy to change adjustments (called "Select-a-ride"). The rear are not adjustable called "Gas-a-just" cost $122.87 pair. Installed they ride pretty firm I usally ride on softest setting. They are great on corners. I bought them at a parts house called Kerr Automotive Imports In OKC (you may have one in Texas) I could not find any adjustable shocks on the internet at a reasonable price.

Hope this helps

Len

I just installed a set of these in my TA and have to tell you, I am thoroughly IMPRESSED... They have restored a somewhat "sporty" feel back to the car(the TA is no Z in the handeling dept). I have them set on max stiffness and they feel super firm yet not to harsh when it comes to road noise and the lane dividers... I have not priced out the Tokicos lately but the KYB's are relatively cheap at 89.00 each for the TA.. I'm not sure if they are available for the Z though...

Myron