HybridZ

Best quality fiberglass front bumper for a 1973 240-Z

Tengu3

I have a fiberglass front bumper on my 280Z. I got it from Showcars which I DO NOT recommend. The quality was horrible and I basically had to do a lot of rework on the bumper to make it look decent. I also had to glass in mounting brackets since there were no provisions for them on the bumper when I got it. I made a curved 1/8" piece of aluminum with stand-offs for mounts and glassed it inside the bumper. I then made brackets to bolt onto the stock 280Z bumper mounts. I also added studs at each end to go though the fender in the stock locations. I'm sure it is totally useless for protection but looks much nicer than that ugly 280Z bumper. I am pleased with it now but would not buy anything from Showcars again.

bumper-lights3.jpg[so what would u or anyone recommend , i have a 81 280zx and really want to put a front piece plus side on it , i live in Nova Scotia and will have to bring in anything I get but where would be the best place to get it and what would I expect to pay. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it as this is all new to me , PLEASE HELP

thanks bob

[quote name=woodboxer;763094[so what would u or anyone recommend ' date=' i have a 81 280zx and really want to put a front piece plus side on it , i live in Nova Scotia and will have to bring in anything I get but where would be the best place to get it and what would I expect to pay. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it as this is all new to me , PLEASE HELP

thanks bob[/quote]

Sorry, but that's the only fiberglass part I've ever bought. If the dude at Showcars had been up front with me on what exactly he was selling I would have been fine with the work I had to do. But he totally misrepresented the part, telling me is was ready for bolt on. I would not trust him again.