HybridZ

Mckinney motorsports rb mounts

2jzgte240z

Has anyone tried these mounts? I wanted to get some opinion on the mounts before i put my order in. The price is $700 for the tranny and motor mounts. I have searched, but there were only information leading to mckinney making the mounts. There were no personal experience with the mounts itself. Any information will greatly be appreciated. thanks

p.s. i would contact mckinney, but they are closed during the times i am off of work. i will try to contact them as soon as possible when i have time. thanks again.

Sounds pretty stupid expensive if you ask me, it's pretty simple to make a set of engine mounts and you can recycle the old L28 tranny mount by welding in new ears for it futher back in the tranny tunnel.

Even if you don't have the skills to fabricate these, you could probably find someone to do it for a lot less. $700 is a lot to pay for a relatively easy fabrication job like these.

Chris Rummel

Makming the mounts is very cheap and easy if you have the knowhow and tools to do it.

Another option would be to know someone with the tools and know how. if you have neither then 700 bux is a good deal because if you go to a pro and ask them to make them it will probably cost even more.

There are lots of people here on Hybridz that can adn will help you out sounds like you have a pretty good offere allready:-D

Just use the mounts that came with the engine, unbolt them from the block, bring them to any garage (they all have oxy/acet. torches... ask if they could cut them up for you. It's probably going to cost you like $5-10. Keep only the base plate that bolted to the engine and head home.

Once you're there, bolt the base plate back on the engine, then, you'll have to source which isolators you'll use, J.soileau found something good here:

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList.aspx?mfrpartnumber=2265[quote name=J. Soileau RB26zcar;...I bought them at Parts America' date=' with the company name on them Pioneer Inc. part# 2265. Also interchanges with # M2265 and 270-2265.

I find them to be 1/4 to 3/8 shorter, which will solve my problem. But the biggest advantage to getting these isolators over the other ones I used, and that most everyone else has, is that these are a wopping**$3.97 ea.** vrs the **$76.00 ea.** I paid for the other set.

Here are the comparrison pics:

[/url]newshortmotormounts00027mv.th.jpg

newshortmotormounts00018uy.th.jpg

Bolt them to the car.

Then, you'll put the engine on jacks exactly where you want it in the car, height, and front/back & side to side positioning.

After that, take some heavy cardboard an just link the 2 pieces together based on the original design or you can use tubing or H.S.S., like some guys here and AUS. company Castlemain Rodshop.

Once you're done with that, go buy the necessary metal, use your cardboard template to trace on the metal and after that all what's left to do is go to a welding shop and tell them: weld this here and that there...

Will cost you way less than if you had them made.

heck, if you don't want to go solid mount, and don't want to spend money on those isolators, or dont wanna bother with shipping, go get some hockey pucks and and a metal file, and a hacksaw, and a nice drill bit too.

that often works as a temporary fix, because the rubber isn't exactly solid, it has a BIT of give, and can whitstand the cold and the heat =)

but I would only do that as a temp for when the real isolators arrive.

whats the part number JB Sole?

Guest TeamNissan
$700!!!!!!:lmao:How about this, where ever you live, you pay ME $700, I go down, stay at the hotel, dinner and beer's on me, I'll go with you get the basic materials, cut, weld and mount the engine in place drive back home and still have a few bucks to spare...

Thats as funny as it is true lol.

heck, if you don't want to go solid mount, and don't want to spend money on those isolators, or dont wanna bother with shipping, go get some hockey pucks and and a metal file, and a hacksaw, and a nice drill bit too.

that often works as a temporary fix, because the rubber isn't exactly solid, it has a BIT of give, and can whitstand the cold and the heat =)

but I would only do that as a temp for when the real isolators arrive.

whats the part number JB Sole?

Ahh, the old Redneck body lift. Longer bolts and some hockey pucks.