HybridZ

Z31 mpg

Pete84

I've used the search function and it hasn't turned up much at all. . . so

What sort of highway mileage do Z31's get? There are a good many for sale not to far away, the SF bay area - 3-4 hours away, and the prospect of getting a 5spd NA 2+2 and ending up with a turbo'ed engine seems quite reasonable after looking at a number of the how to's.

With a boost controller, intake, exhaust, and possibly a FMIC how would a 9:1 turbo engine do on the highway? almost all my driving is there, and well, I do enough that it needs to be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well Ive had my 84 Z31T for about two weeks... I KNOW it needs a tuneup and what not, still runs great dispite it being cold natured like all other older nissans heh. with a heavy foot im getting 18-20mpg as far as I can tell, when Im just cruising maybe low 20's. Boost is too much fun :):icon45:

I have gotten into the high 20's on the highway. I'm sure if I kept it just under the limit, with smaller less sticky tires, no flares I could break into the low 30's.

I have an adjustable piggyback ecu, and I could lean it as much as I want for strict highway mileage, so I assume it could do even better if I like.

I have gotten into the high 20's on the highway. I'm sure if I kept it just under the limit, with smaller less sticky tires, no flares I could break into the low 30's.

I have an adjustable piggyback ecu, and I could lean it as much as I want for strict highway mileage, so I assume it could do even better if I like.

What all have you done to your engine? What diff do you have? Very impressive milage!!