HybridZ

LS heater hose reducer needed?

The LS motors have different sized heater hose inlets and outlets (I think 3/4" and 5/8"). the Z heater core uses the smaller size for both inlet and outlet.

Where did you guys get the adapters to mate the hoses, or am I missing something simple?

The LT engines have a different sized heater hose inlet and outlet as well. It's pretty easy to find an adapter that will allow you to connect a 3/4" hose to one end and a 5/8" one to the other. I think I got mine form NAPA.

Edit: Here's something form Summit that would work as well.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2D390007&N=700+%2D122035+115&autoview=sku

Just bought one yesterday. I'd expect any AutoZone or Checker would have them. If you can't find one, let me know and I'll send one. One other question... Am I correct in assuming the 3/4" port on the waterpump is the 'out' side and the 5/8" is the return? Am I also correct that the inlet should go to the water valve side on the heater core? Neither service manual has flow diagrams for the heaters.

Large hose (the one closest to the front of the car) on water pump is out. I found this in the helms manual somewhere. the heater core in is the one closest to the center of the car. I saw this in the z manual somewhere. Also was just at a shop where they were putting new hoses on and the hoses were marked with arrows for flow direction.

Mike

Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to order through Jegs and was having zero luck finding one.

The LS1 motor has a 5/8" outlet and 3/4" return. That is what my GM LS1 installation guide says.

As for the Datsun stuff, you are right, it's not in my manual either. I don't know the answer for sure.

JTR now has billet aluminum heater hose adapters for 5/8" to 3/4", and a 5/8" heater hose restrictor/splicer.

Also, we now carry an LS1 upper radiator hose tee for the steam vent tube, and the tee also has an air-bleed valve to purge air out of the cooling system.

JTR now has billet aluminum heater hose adapters for 5/8" to 3/4", and a 5/8" heater hose restrictor/splicer.

Also, we now carry an LS1 upper radiator hose tee for the steam vent tube, and the tee also has an air-bleed valve to purge air out of the cooling system.

Well you didn't offer that as of 9 pm last night. At least it wasn't on your web site.

Well you didn't offer that as of 9 pm last night. At least it wasn't on your web site.

These are relatively new parts that were made for the cooling system for the RX7 LS1 V8 swap.

The website (JTRpublishing.com) has not been updated, and may not be updated for several months.

We plan on having a new line of hose splicers that go from one size to another, without the need for rubber reducer bushings. We currently use a 1-5/16" to 1-1/2" splicer in our 6-cylinder aluminum radiator kit (although the website shows a 1-5/16" hose splicer with a rubber bushing, http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_DATZ_Radiator_Kit.html )

We now make hose splicers for intercooler applications, made from aluminum, and with beaded ends to keep the hoses from popping off with high boost pressures. These look the same as our radiator hose splicers, but are made with larger diameter tubing.

If you need a specific diameter and length, let us know, we have intercooler splicers for 2", 2-1/4," 2-1/2", 3", 3-1/2", and 4" (although none of this is listed on our website). The typical length is 2-1/2" long overall, with about 1-3/4" between the beads.

If you need a size (diameter or length) not listed, we might be able to make it.