HybridZ

R190 Nissan Racing diff..whats it worth??

Guest mrw530

What are R190 lsd 3.90 nissan racing diffs worth these days? Any ideas? I have on and might be looking to sell it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Michael

Those diff are sure rare, and i remeber watching this auction. Same guy was selling off his car and bunch of other parts. I am not really sure what would you use this diff for? Its not as strong as the R200 unit and there allmost no one thas sells new LSD units for it. So my guess would probably be somewhere in $300-500 range depending on condition.

Guest TeamNissan

You really dont need a r200 unless your going for ALOT of hp and if you can find a r190 lsd for 300-500 you be sure and let us all know lol. I wouldnt hold my breath though thats for sure.

Guest TeamNissan
Also it depends if the unit is a 2-pinion or a 4-pinion. The buyer of that R190 on Ebay contacted me when I noted in my R200 auction that the R190 could be a 2 pinion design where as the R200 LSD is always a 4-pinion. Anyway, check if it is 2 or 4.

Ya that ebayer was a shifty seller because I told him it was a 2 pinion and he didnt list it even though he listed every other message he got. I still cant believe someone paid a grand for that dif.

Having bought and sold a few R190s, you need to make sure they are in good shape. At least one of the internal bearings is specific to the R190 and NLA from Timken, NTN, NHBB, etc. If the unit needs new bearings or needs to be rebuilt, you're in for a long and expensive search.

The R190 was OEM in the 432R 240Z and came with a two pinion clutch pack LSD - if I remember correctly. Some R190s were imported into the USA by Nissan Motorsports with a 4 pinion clutch pack LSD but parts have long been NLA.

EDIT: I sold my last one for about $800 and it had a new set of bearings.