HybridZ

Cleaning up the engine bay

NorthWestZ31

• Administrators
Silverton Oregon right now, moving back to stayton pretty soon...

Darn near neighbors... I'm in Sandy. Howdy.

Clean-up work is frequently 'creative rearrangement'. This car has 95% of its original 'stuff', including A/C...

BarntsManifold.jpg

Still room for improvement.... so, its under the knife, once again.

• Administrators
that's very pretty. it's a lot easier cleaning up a 'non-emissions' carbureted compartment than a z31 though :)

Uhhh... its Multiport EFI and if you think it was easy, you're not seeing it for what its is.

The engine compartment used to look like this...

AsPurchased.jpg

Uhhh... its Multiport EFI and if you think it was easy, you're not seeing it for what its is.

The engine compartment used to look like this...

AsPurchased.jpg

Darn near neighbors... I'm in Sandy. Howdy.

Clean-up work is frequently 'creative rearrangement'. This car has 95% of its original 'stuff', including A/C...

BarntsManifold.jpg

Still room for improvement.... so, its under the knife, once again.

Where did everything go:?: :?::?: :?: lol

also, what else is there to move

Hey Ron, I think a nice rusty header would really give you that special "something" you've been looking for. Want to trade?

NWZ31, when hiding looms, usually you can just run them on the other side of whatever firewall they are currently on, and drill a hole right where they need to come out, thus keeping the visible wiring to a minimum. I've been trying to clean my engine bay up a little bit too, but I haven't gone so far as to cut off all the exta mounting tabs or hide my wiring. Also, the shiniest thing on my car is the new set of outside door handles...I may need to put some overspray on them or something so they integrate a little better. I would say that at least 80% of cleaning up an Lseries engine happens when you put on an aftermarket fuel rail and smooth out the intake manifold. Here's me:

DSCI0015-1.jpg

Ugly headers for the win!

• Administrators
Hey Ron, I think a nice rusty header would really give you that special "something" you've been looking for. Want to trade?

VZ,

One of my cardinal rules is to never knowingly take advantage of another. While I greatly appreciate your offer, I would be breaking my rule:biggrin:

• Administrators
The looms on the firewall and or some of those wires right by the maf. :-)

TeamNissan is on the right track. The battery area is an eyesore, along with some firewall 'junk'. The AFM is doing a disappearing act as well, with the installation of a Wolf3D EMS. BRAAP will also be installing an aluminum Ron Davis radiator.

A bit of a tangent.... its also getting a scratchbuilt intake manifold....

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=117607

and 6 denso coils...

coils.jpg

So the manifold/fuel rail/TB is for sale...

http://classifieds.hybridz.org/showproduct.php?product=3720&cat=17