HybridZ

Taurus Radiator?

rudypoochris

Can anyone comment on how well the Taurus radiator cools a V8? I have the 3-speed taurus fan, and I am searching for a radiator. Should I just go for generic brand 24"X19" or can the Taurus radiator cool a hot V8? It sure would be alot easier to not come up with a brand new fan mounting system. Thanks!

Bump. Can JY radiators be trusted, or is it a gamble?

In General, I don't consider radiators a good junk yard item. They tend to crud up and corrode, so a person can add the price of having it rodded out to whatever the yard wants; then, if it is more than a few years old, one still wonders how long it will last before cracking/leaking. I don't think the plastic tanked ones can even be rodded out.

A person can sometimes see enough tubes through the radiator cap fitting to guess at condition, or even luck across a fresh replacement. YMMV.

<>

I Dont Know About A Taurus But I Put A Howe Radiator In Mine And Have Never Had A Problem And Very Good Quality .27x16 Duel Row 1" Tubes For 199.00 They Sell Several Differint Sizes With All Sorts Of Spout Placements Even Cheaper,

Did you use one of Howe's "Drop-In" Radiators (like the one shown here for the 75-78 Datsun 280Z http://www.howeracing.com/Radiators/Index-Radiators-Table5.htm ) or did you have one custom made?

Taurus radiators were never meant to cool a V8. If you are swapping in a V8, it makes sense to also swap in a radiator from a V8 car or one that is large enough to cool a V8. I pulled a V8 Camaro radiator and a Taurus fan for my own car. Even Auxilary is going to use a JTR radiator with his RX7T conversion. Some have gotten by with the stock Datsun unit, but why take the chance?

Davy