HybridZ

so i finally go my exhaust on and bad news

sorealsosurreal

so i bought my z in october 2006 and bought a nice MSA 6to1 ceramic coated header for my z but while tearing it down i found a broken stud in my head. so after months of wating for this time sert like piece that had the right pitch for the stock stud i get my header on and drive my car down to this muffler shop that is supposed to be pretty good. so after finding out they dont have my muffler in when im hopping to pick it up once i got off work i wait another day and its done. i was soooo excited and so when i got it home last friday i drove it all weekend and noticed that bumps and dips or even a curvey road my car was scrapeing something. i thought it was my header but once i got into my auto shop class today and raised it up to look it seems that the damn independent rear suspension is causing it. when i go on bumps and what not, where the yokes of the axle and wheel hook up is hitting my pipe and is starting to crush it!!!! ahhh im so frustrated but they said i could bring it in and they fix it (for free im guessing) so thursday im bring it back to them. by the way the exhaust sounds great, its a 2inch from the header back into a magnaflow muffler. il try and take a picture of it tomorrow.

where the yokes of the axle and wheel hook up is hitting my pipe and is starting to crush it!!

Huh? The exhaust pipe is being hit by the outer u-joint on the halfshaft? How can anyone possibly route the exhaust so that it gets hit by a u-jooint in the halfshaft?

I had a 2 chamber flowmaster (probably a 40 series) put on my 98 4Runner, after i got the car back, every time i hit even the smallest bump i'd hear a "THUD"

Got it up on a lift 3 months later, the pipe was being hit by the Axle housing every time the suspension compressed in the rear.

After about a year, I was driving home and "THUD! VROOOOMMMMMMMMM"

The back of the muffler tore off, big 7 inch hole in the muffler.... basically, I didnt have a muffler anymore.

a month or two later, after enjoying having no muffler, I chopped off what was left of the old flowmaster and stuck a Thrush Super Turbo muffler under it myself, pushed the pipe slightly to one side, maybe an inch or so. Havent had heard a thud since