HybridZ

2Fast2Festy IS ON THE ROAD BABY!

MusPuppis

Yes sir, or maam, whutevah!

I got the phone call from Bryan today saying they figured out the fuel issue we were having (bad FPR). We've had it in the shop at school all this week fighting with it and trying to track down the STUPID little gremlins and yesterday we took a major step. Turns out the wiring under the dash from the Capri ECU was rubbing a metal plate we couldnt see, and it had eatin through several wires, we're lucky we didnt set fire to the damn thing. We also had to tap in to the wire for the ECT sensor at the ECU and run it all by its lonesome, the other wire somehow disappeared.. Dont ask me how, but it was flat out gone, LOL.

Once that was accomplished we cranked it over and it started up after a few tries and idled like a DREAM! I mean, aside from sounding like a lawn mower that is.. But its supposed to sound that way, so.. *shrug*. But all of a sudden *poof* it died and we couldnt get it to restart at all. The day was close to over so we didnt get it worked out and I wasnt able to come to school today, so I had to leave the tail end of the project in Bryan's hands. I got the call though! They did a little quick fix to the fuel return line to test the FPR and it started up and purred like a.. Well, ok, a lawn mower. He took it out and did some very light driving in it and took a couple poeple for some rides, just half pulls, nothing over 5k RPM's and no hammering on it, but lemme tell you, according to him there are some IMPRESSED poeple in Somerset right now.

Its killin me though, it finally ran after I devoted s much time to it doing all the fab work and all the wiring and test fits and fighting and kicking and trouble shooting and screaming (literally.. lol) and I wasnt there for its maiden voyage.. I cant get to the car until Monday either, sigh. Its killin me!

Bryan said the throttle responce is just amazing and his harder pulls will snap your neck back. It'll roast em clear through 3rd if he hammers ir from a roll and first gear doesnt exist for traction.. This is running very new, nice tires on the Capri's 14in. 6-ish inch wide (dont remember off-hand) tires. We have some 8in drag slicks to put on. haha.

The car still has some issues, bryan relayed as much of them to me as possible and I'll see about getting them worked out Monday. The car is boosting too high.. He said its climbing to 16 psi just fine (where it should be running max boost) but then it spikes up to 18-19 and that little turbo wont take much of that before it craps out on us. We're running open DP and its my understanding that that can cause a spike in boost on occasion. We need to get the boost controller hooked up and turn the boost down to 10 or 12 for now anyway, until we get all the bugs worked and see how everything works, less stress is a good thing right now, lol. we also have to button the wiring up.. We have some temporary wiring happening for test purposes and its not safe, pretty or.. well, safe. We also have to put the front of the car together, no bumper, no cover, no hood, lol. we need to buy a real temp gauge at some point to and hook the alternator up properly, replace the FPR, clean and organize it all.. lol, still some work before its "done" but its driving and drivable! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Bryan took some video's and hes gonng send em to me when he gets home, Ill find a place to host em and post later tonight.

For those un-familiar with what Im talking about, this is a 93 Ford Festiva with a Mazda B6T and its native tranny and axles swapped in, FMIC w. 2.25in piping all around, TOTALLY gutted, 4 puck, 16psi, deleted intake elbow, HARD motor mounts, Reich Racing ECU, Corksport 2.5in DP w. seperate WG pipe that dumps back into the DP a few feet down and other assorted odds and ends here and there. The end result is something like 220hp (we hope) and with all the weight lightening, a sub 2000 pound car with DRIVER AND GAS. We should be good for a higher 12 second 1/4 assuming traction and me learning to drive. Nitrous is planned for the summer, and with that and some other little tid-bits we could very well see 11's IF traction is possible at all. Im getting ahead of myself there of course, but the potential in this little P.O.S. is just amazing.

I have to thank Ulises for posting vids of his car to inspire and show me this even existed and for answering A LOT of my stupid questions along the way to getting this done.

Some of the build pics for those that havent seen em:

100_0380_568x426.jpg

FinalMockUpE.jpg

FestyFrontHoodOn.jpg