HybridZ

Who sketches when they are bored?

Chewievette

I know there are a few people around here that sketch cars and body kits and paint jobs, etc... when they are bored. but I'm not very good at doing that kind of sketches. This is the kind of thing I draw when I get bored. Technical drawing has always been my strong side. Acctually I've been thinking more and more about switching majors to CAD or something more along the lines of how I like to draw. Anyways, Let me know what you think.

This is a not so accurate Flat 12cyl with shaft drive DOHC. I drew it rotationally symmetrical so that the same cyl case and heads could be used for both sides. Also there is a main bearing between each crank throw for strength. Unfortunately the throws just ended up looking weaker. and yes the pistons are gigantic. I didnt get around to filling in the webbing of the crankcase, I might do that later.

100_0263.jpg

Wish I had something useful to say... but Ill post cause I hate when my threads have 4 million views and no replies. Anyways thats an awesome drawing.

I like sketching when Im bored (and I know a few others do too drftn280ZX)

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=112148&page=3&highlight=bringing+back+datsun

Never tried my hand at tech drawings but the results are amazing - looks fun.

I sketch a lot professionally when explaining a surgery to a patient. Ironically, these are the same kind of pictures I got in trouble for drawing in grade school when I was bored. Basically, they look like this:

(.)(.)

OK, that was lame, but you get the idea. I can't believe I get paid to do this sometimes.

I never sketch anything, because I'm never bored. Especially not at my dead end job. You can tell by the fact that I've never designed anbyody else's paint job, or even my own. Sigh...I'm really crying inside because I'm bored to tears at my job...Hey Silicone Boy, what's the story with these new "gummy bear" boobs all the girls are talking about?