HybridZ

Before there was L28

DJ Nexxus

probably not. whats the stock L20A bore? really small, I know that. I dont think the cylinder walls are thick enough to accomidate an L28 sized bore and DEFINATELY not 3.1L stroker specs.

I guess it is possible if you want to have cylinder liners installed, but that would cost a lot. L28s are a dime a dozen over here in the U.S.

Thanks guys for in insight, I'm from Trinidad in the West Indies. and we pay for CC's here so 1:I was looking at the plus on the cost benifit and 2: I don't mind paying for the resleeving job here it costs In the ballpark of $1800 or $300USD but what are the pro's and con's of taking this L20A and resleeving to accommodate L28 specs now and 3.1 stroker later?

Well, the pros would only be the costs down the road for you and I can't say what that would be. The cons would be if it can be done, then it'll probably restrict some vital oil passages and water jackets which would limit the oiling ability of the engine and the cooling effectiveness. I think it would be rather risky honestly.

Thought I might have issues with the oil and cooling. was even thinknig about the integrity of the strength of the block under those conditions (3.1 Stroker)....anyway most valuable information from you both..thankyou

Oh just thought you might like to know.... the engine to be, (3.1 stroker under supercharger and looking at the DOHC frankenstein) is going into a Nissan 720 pickup will post some pics of the conversion as soon as I get a camera....and you people on this forum ar taking me down the Z path I am begining to take a liking for the 280ZX....considering looking for one :-D

The japanese commonly bored the block and installed the L24 crank / piston combos using LD28 Diesel Sleeves. This gives you an L24 in an L20A block that will run the OEM 300,000+ miles with ease.

most they would do on the stock bores was 2.XXXcc's---around 2300 cc's.

The diesel service liners are a long term, stable solution when you want to fool someone with a block casting. As long as they don't capacity check a cylinder, and only go by block casting numbers, you will skate fine!

Come to think of it, using the Diesel Oversize liners, and an L28 crank, you should probably be over 2600 cc's, but that is about it.

thanks for the info but I'm not too reserved about paying for the CC's just looking at a possible way to take the money out of the government's pocket and putting it into my ride. I've decided to go with the 3.1 stroker using a 2.8 block and use the 2.0 engine I have now for all my EVIL! prototype experiments..lol

DJ Nexxus - Go to the Bamboo partnuh I saw a L20Turbo complete recently...complete...here is the one I saw, they told me it was sold though:

223482531.jpg

BTW...If you need someone to host pics for you, I can do it on my website and link them for you. My email is slownrusty@yahoo.com

Here is my old 720 pickup, I am glad you are building one, time to humble all those damn Evo 7s in TnT:

8619863.jpg

I hope you get a ZX, as there are still a few nice ones running around.

Yasin

(Ole skool "wouldn't have it any other way") Took the words right out of my mouth, hey rusty are you in TnT or colorado either way here is my e-Mail: Nexxus_Technologies@Yahoo.com I would love do get any ideas or suggestions that you could offer and send you some pics of the devil I'm currently building, I have a 720 with an L20A and 3236 webber however I looking forward to building the stroker 3.1L and I have a double-barrel holly waiting for it already.

Oh and "Damn that pickup looking good"

pertaining to the "EVO" comment....

I does always tell them "Is not the plane is the Pilot" you can't beat old school!

Oh and two questions for me and the forum

1: is that the original diff you are using?

and

2: what method did you use to drop the back?