HybridZ

Source for eletric DA sander?

Sparks280zt

Guest TeamNissan

I got mine at sears for 40 bucks a year ago, also a black and decker if I'm not mistaken, has served me very well so far.

I just sucks they arent as powerfull as a compressor run orbital. Press to hard and it just cant cope lol.

If a random orbital will do, this one is a great unit. It's pretty much reviewed as the best detailing tool around. I dont see why you couldnt use it to sand as well.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/7424_car_buffer.htm?L+coastest+bgjw9230ff98de98+1170214304

I bought mine from there -- you won't find a better price.

- Greg -

If a random orbital will do, this one is a great unit. It's pretty much reviewed as the best detailing tool around. I dont see why you couldnt use it to sand as well.

http://www.coastaltool.com/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/a/port/7424_car_buffer.htm?L+coastest+bgjw9230ff98de98+1170214304

I bought mine from there -- you won't find a better price.

- Greg -

Ah, the famed Porter Cable. I've used mine to detail cars and sand on some of my wood building project. Great little machine that just keeps on going. Three years and counting on mine.

Isn't there a difference between a DA and a random orbital?

I found this description of the difference:

A dual action (DA) sander is called "dual action" because it can be run in two separate and distinct modes. One mode is orbital (when the air motor spindle is locked to the sanding pad). The other mode is RANDOM orbital (the air motor spindle has a bearing in it that the sanding pad is attached to. So the sanding pad not only turns orbital along with the spindle but it turns in a random oribtal because of the bearing).

In general it seems that true DA sanders are air driven and the electric one's are random orbitals...even though you stated that your electric unit is a DA.