HybridZ

Wheel studs

The specs for the 1970-89 Z wheel studs are a 12mm-1.25mm thread, and a knurl diameter of 12.87mm. The early Z cars used a 32mm length, but your 280Z probably has the longer 36mm studs. The 280ZX's and Z31's had a 40mm long stud and the 240SX used a 42mm one. The longest ones (that I am aware of) that will fit your hubs can be found on the rear of the Nissan Quest Van. It is 47mm long.

Sorry if this has been done before, but I don't seem to be able to do a search right now! Anyway, I have a 280Z and am going to be using 1/2" wheel spacers, so I need to go to 1/2" longer wheels studs. My local NAPA can't figure out the correct size of the splines or the shoulder length. Does anyone know which studs I can use? Thanks!

arp are $3 ea with free shipping if you want a full set.

theyre close to 3" long and 7/16 chevy thread. you can check local pricing to compare.

i keep them in stock

It depends on how long they are. When I got the car I had one stud on the rear that was 1/4" shorter than the rest (don't ask me, the PO must have changed it). I found one that was correct and managed to replace it. If you're installing huge studs, then you will have to remove the stub axle.

Guest Anonymous

which studs are those SCCA. The ARP studs in JEG'S are $8 per 5. Are the ones you have the correct knurl or do you have to drill some to make them fit? I want to buy some for the front of my car to fit the stock hub and some for the rear to fit my Dana44.

they require drilling.

and you dont need to remove stub axle on rear to install studs. only up front to install...

you can drill a hole in the backing plate to slide the stud thru or if you are doing a rear disc conversion then it will be easy