HybridZ

Looking for a Good Inexpensive T25 Turbo - Where Can You Suggest?

slownrusty

Gang - Looking to upgrade the turbo in my little Mazda 323 Turbo. A T25 is purrfect and I was hoping to buy something inexpensive but at the same time stay away from all the SS Autochrome eBay crap.

Can you recommend a source, store? I left James Thagard a message as well today.

Regards - Yasin

sr20forum.com

g20.net

I see T25's go up for sale fairly often there. I would think you could get a regular journal bearing T25 in good condition for under $200.

Cheapest option is going to be a standard T25. You can push 250 whp out of one of those on a 2.0L motor, albeit with a lot of backpressure.

- Greg -

sr20forum.com

g20.net

I see T25's go up for sale fairly often there. I would think you could get a regular journal bearing T25 in good condition for under $200.

Cheapest option is going to be a standard T25. You can push 250 whp out of one of those on a 2.0L motor, albeit with a lot of backpressure.

- Greg -

sr20FORUM.COM IS AWESOME! Just signed up. Thanks for the link!

Yasin - Do you have a GT or GTX? I had a GTX for a couple years when I was going to school in North Bay, ON. It was a great little car but hard on fuel. Quite a sleeper, and a nice car to drive in the winter.

Doug

I have a GT...a little quicker than the GTX but the GTX is fantastic in the snow - unstoppable in fact! My GT get 24mp/g in town and 26 on the highway...fun little car!

Yasin

Rob and the Gang - Well I spoke to Dr. James Thagard last night and while talking I pitched the fact that I have a perfect stock T3 off my L28ET and he was all for me trying it, so I figured why not? I have the turbo already (sitting collecting dust)...might be more laggy down low but will have a good power band all the way to 7000rpm.

Thanks again to all for chiming in.

Regards - Yasin

Rob and the Gang - Well I spoke to Dr. James Thagard last night and while talking I pitched the fact that I have a perfect stock T3 off my L28ET and he was all for me trying it, so I figured why not? I have the turbo already (sitting collecting dust)...might be more laggy down low but will have a good power band all the way to 7000rpm.

Thanks again to all for chiming in.

Regards - Yasin

Well thats a big money saver! I know its your daily driver so you probably want something thats real responsive, but I dont think the T3 should be too laggy. Id love to see some pics of it installed whenever you get around to it.

Good luck

Actually it might be pretty easy to source one from a 88-89 z31. They used T25's, and most people upgrade to the T3's found on the 84-87 z31's. I see them for sale on z31performance.com quite a bit...http://http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2939

Also I think Jason (www.redz31.com) might have one or two laying around...

-Mike

-Mike