HybridZ

The 240Z Designer Dies

buZy

I found this in the lastest release of Car and Driver. Feb 2007 Vol.52 No.8. On page 30 a short pargraph reads as follows.

Designer Dies:

Albrecht Graf Goertz, who designed the sleek BMW 507 of the 50's and the orginal Datsun 240Z, has died in Germany at the age of 92.

Unlike many designers, Goertz only claims to have penned five cars in his long career, which included industrial and fashion design. After Goertz made some disparaging remarks reguarding the 240Z's successor, the 280ZX, Nissan tried to deny his involvement in the 240Z's design.

Goertz took legal action, and Nissan eventually produced a statement that, as he put it, ineffect said:

"They designed the car, but I showed them how."

• Administrators
I guess we care more about driving them than about bullshitting about them?

Dave

AMEN!!!!,

Wait a tick... I take that back. I probably spend more time writing novels about the L-6 on this forum than I do driving them any more…:-P

Hey guys I'm really sorry to make any kind of negative comments in any way. That is usuallly not my style. I really like this site and respect the people here. I dont know much about this whole story just thought to post what I found.

Hey guys I'm really sorry to make any kind of negative comments in any way. That is usuallly not my style. I really like this site and respect the people here. I dont know much about this whole story just thought to post what I found.

Do not worry.....your fine!

Tom