HybridZ

My 1971 240Z video

jernut

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jernut,

Depending on who made the cam, sometimes you can find info stamped on the firewall end of the cam.

Nissan used letter codes, A, B, C, etc...

Crane actually uses the stock # of the cam, something like 068-1014 and such.

If you are in there for valve lash adj. or whatnot just use a little mirror and have a look.

Mike.

Jernut,

Depending on who made the cam, sometimes you can find info stamped on the firewall end of the cam.

Nissan used letter codes, A, B, C, etc...

Crane actually uses the stock # of the cam, something like 068-1014 and such.

If you are in there for valve lash adj. or whatnot just use a little mirror and have a look.

Mike.

This might be a better option. When I bought the car there was a evry loud tick. It has gotten better since then, but I think it need the valve lash adjusted.

I will have to do some research first. I have never tried to do that before. I am slowly learning more and more.

• 1 year later...

Just a follow up of the question of the 0-60 times. I took the 240z to the track last summer and ran a 15.4 at 89mph. since then I have done a tune up and changed the timing to 36 degrees total advance. It pulls really hard up top now. I have to look into a new differential to go with the 5 speed.