HybridZ

Anyone know what this 280Z part is?

deja

no-clue2.jpg

It is located on the floor of the hatch on the driver's side right in front of the tail lights. It was half under a little metal cover, has 2 wires coming out that disappear into the light wiring harness. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fuel tank, maybe rollover switch for the fuel pump?

Its a floor temperature sensor for the emissions system

it connects to a relay under the passenger seat

Thanks, I wasn't even close. LOL. I can rip that thing outta there. No muffler in that area anymore and that relay is not hooked up anyway.

Deja, that's the first I've seen of your wood console...I never noticed it before. Looks very nice BTW :D Certainly 'warmer' than the plastic ones...

Davy

Thanks. The stock one was pretty trashed when I got the car and I've always liked wood in sports cars. Now that I'm going with the LT1 and JTR setbacks I'll have to rebuild it.

Deja,

You might not have to rebuild it.

Looking at where your shifter is now leads me to think you might be able to get the T56 shifter in the same spot with a little shifting of the motor.

You are going with a T56, right?

Anyway the console looks very nice, I hope you don't have to modify it too much to get the shifter in there.

Wheelman

Nope. going automatic 4L60E, so I only need a small hole through the floor. The guy I sold my old engine/tranny to says he might buy the console if I start frm scratch.

Deja,

You might not have to rebuild it.

Looking at where your shifter is now leads me to think you might be able to get the T56 shifter in the same spot with a little shifting of the motor.

You are going with a T56, right?

Anyway the console looks very nice, I hope you don't have to modify it too much to get the shifter in there.

Wheelman