HybridZ

Reputable body shop in NC? - for roof repair

Sparks280zt

OK guys, I have been plagued with one of the cheesy 70s pop up sunroofs in my new 76 project. Now its not that I dont like sunroofs, they are cool and what not. I went by an aftermarkey sunroof installer today and took a look at the sunroofs they installed and the prices. For a new version of the pop up type roof it is $499 installed out the door. For an electric spoiler type sunroof, similiar to iaconsultants here http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=679, it is $899 out the door. Now I am figuring, I could get a body shop to weld in a patch for less than 500 or near it. Does anyone know a shop in NC that would tackle such a project?

Dont pay a body shop to do it if you are gonna cut a skin off a car. Your already doing all your own body work, that what youll be paying most for. Just wait till you get that welder and do it yourself. Ill come over and help.

-Austin

Best and most useful advice in the world right there.

Austin, lol, when I told you about it you were the one who said you were afraid to weld on a roof. Fron searching the archives, seems like the members here who have it done paid between $250 to $500 to have a new skin welded on and all the body work on the roof completed and primed, doesnt seem to bad.