HybridZ

New member...

Guest Straight6

Guest Straight6

Sup guys,

I am new to this forum, and i gotta say, after reading some of the post....i am gonna love it here. I have been a Z fanatic since highschool...after graduation in 2000 i purchased a 1990 300ZX, and two years ago purchased a 350Z. To make a long story short, the 300ZX became a money pit, so i traded it for a 4Runner. The 350Z...hhhhuuhhhh...biggest piece of ya' know what! Actually, I dont even consider the 350Z a Nissan anymore...recently sold it. For the longest time, I have always wondered why Nissan never brought over the RB series motors to our side of the world, and yet, Toyota somehow managed to bring their 2JZGTE in the Supra (dont tell me its emissions, the 2JZGTE has higher emissions.) Anyhow, I have been reading alot about RB, SR, V8, etc... being easy transplants in a 240Z and 280Z. I am thinking about starting a project, and was hoping you guys would be patient with me. I am a newbie, but I will not repost or ask questions that have been asked a million times. All I ask is that you knowledgable people out there steer me in the right direction. I plan on making this a year project, so ill be taking my time. Anyhoo, hope i can be of help to some of you and once again, great forum!

Guest TeamNissan

Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm sure everyone here will be a great source for you with your project.

A word of advice. Post in the right forums so people dont get mad. This would go in the non tech forum as a example. Also remember to try searching when you have a question befor you post it.

Enjoy :-)

Welcome,

read all the stickies they are loaded with info. if they generate any questions try the search if that dosnt work feel free to ask.

there is also a rb26 group on yahoo that alot of the members here are there also feel free to join just search RB26DETT in yahoo groups and hit the join button.

And again welcome.

WELCOME!!!

Its nice to have a few rare ppl from Chicago checking in to are greatest forum for Z enthusiasts on the planet earth. This site will give you so much info that it will take another year to render everything in youre brain... So read on...and again WELCOME to the HybridZ club!!!

Guest Straight6

Thanks guys...so far, i have learned that the 240Z and 280Z have a pretty much universal engine bay platform for almost any kind of motor (with little to no modifications). Btw, any Chicago members here that have Hybrid Z's???