HybridZ

Phone trouble. Where can I buy tiny speaker?

JMortensen

I have a POS Panasonic phone that keeps blowing out the speaker for the ringer. It happened once right after I bought it, but I took it back to the store and got a replacement. I also bought a 2nd handset at that time. 3 months later my second handset went bad, and I was about to send it to Panasonic, but then my 3rd handset went bad. At this point I'm thinking screw this crap, I'm going to find my own goddamn speaker and solder it in there. The problem is when you look for speakers online you get car audio or home speakers. Anyone know where to get a 1 1/8" diameter 1/4" thick speaker from?

Yeah, I know that Panasonic has a good rep, and the voice quality and all that is great. But the ringer died on 3 out of 3 handsets and I didn't abuse them at all, so I'm going to stand by my POS statement. This one is the KX-TG6700 just in case anyone wants to avoid it.

Yes, there is a ring volume adjustment, and when new, with the volume all the way up I could hear it when my air compressor was running in the garage. When it failed I couldn't hear it unless I literally put the phone up to my ear.

No this is a cordless phone, not a cell phone. Regular ring, turned all the way up. It was a loud ringer, but if the speaker can't handle it they shouldn't make it that loud.

Turns out the replacement speakers I bought were a bit too thick to fit in the case. I need to find something about 1/4" thick or less.

Yes, there is a ring volume adjustment, and when new, with the volume all the way up I could hear it when my air compressor was running in the garage. When it failed I couldn't hear it unless I literally put the phone up to my ear.

Then like... umm... don't turn the ringer up past 3/4 :mrgreen:

^^^ Yes but it'll keep you from turning it up too loud and blowing it all the time ^^^ This is a design flaw in the phone. You can (1) avoid turning up the volume past 60-70%, (2) install a small resisitor as redruM suggested, or (3) find/install a better speaker.