HybridZ

STI's really fly!

cygnusx1

Everytime I see something like that, I always wonder how much they'd modified the car. I could see breaking half the suspension doing that. And having the other half fall off. Take a look at the bonus features on the new Dukes Of Hazard DVD, they wrecked dozens of fully reinforced chargers to make that movie.

If you're rally driving it dosen't matter if your wheels aren't in perfectly in alignment. There's no way that car would ever pass a safety inspection again without major repairs. I can only start to think of a list of things you'd need to do the a car to make it roll away from something like that.

Captive engine motor mounts

Strut tower braces

Full roll cage

Driveshaft loops

And a lot more...

Plus modifications to the suspension I can only begin to think of.

I don't really think this is a good example of how well built the STI is, but how well built a Purposefully Built Racing Car is.

If it was a fully built WRC rally car, it could take a beating like that and keep on ticking. Cracked windsheilds are common on all the current WRX models when they go serious off roading. Those WRC cars are nearly indestructable.

Wrong.. watch the 2006 WRC Finland event.. Mikko Hirvonen landed so hard on impact he knocked the air out of the co-drivers lungs and cracked the wind screen! It was crazy!

Guest TeamNissan

Ya I watch wrc for the last 5 years. I would say indestructable is a silly thing to say.

They build those cars up so much and they STILL hit so hard and flexs so much the break windows and the drivers get back probs. I've even heard having to pull the frame and realign things between races.