HybridZ

Thinking about changing to haltec

stony

Well time is getting short and the more i think about it...... not being able to tune my own car once i leave alaska has forced me to change my mind into using something else. You know these things come up when it takes over 4 years to complete your ride :>

anyways i have decided that if i do change its gonna be a Haltec E6X. Looks like i can control timing with the rb26 cam angle sensor and all the other sensors will be easy to wire in. And best of all I have allready downloaded 3 maps that will have me pretty close well atleast for startup.

looks like a decent system

anyone using one?

how would you say it compares to the V500 from wolf?

I've only ever worked with a megasquirt, so I can't really say what the differences between these two really are.

But I like the connector and sensor packages that it comes with, and I think I remember paul @ Neetronics (tuned fentin-fury's rb26z) say that haltech is a delight to tune (or was it the opposite? he was talking about two units at once).

I think the other was SDS-Efi (http://www.sds-efi.com), so I'm not sure which is easier.

I'd like to know what benefits of running this in comparison to wolf would be? i figure that getting things working peachy are just a matter of understanding the menus and reading the manual during sensor setup phase, no?

Hey stony i have a haltech E6k in my z running my l28et and i plan to run my rb engine when i get it with the haltech. I love my haltech there are so many things it does and can do. Tuning was easy when i got someone to drive the car for me :) mine is controlling my boost and i love the data logging. I used it for drag racing, it was invaluable for when i raced i could see the rpm i shifted at, timing,boost,throttle postion and duty cycle. I am running three coil packs now and i assume that the rb has a set of coil packs so that should be an easy swap. IF you want stony i can shoot you my config it is set up to be a dizzy less set up.

yea it does and as long as it has a home mark in the sensor it works great. In order for the haltech to work on a l28 you need to use a 300zx disk in the dizzy cuz it has the home slot cut out in it. i am going to mount a laptop in the car and route it thru my new head unit(one of those dvd ones) and make a custom key board to do the basic commands. That way i can watch everything on the fly without a laptop on my seat(it'll be uner it instead) :) i'll have to get the config from my laptop i use just for the car and i can send it to you.

• Administrators

Wolf's V500 is compatible with an optical trigger... in fact, that's my preference (over Hall or VR). I've adapted a Nissan optical trigger for an L28... it works perfectly.

Additionally, Wolf can be purchased as a plug'n play for the RB, including a base map.

i like the idea of making it work with my new head unit better makes me feel cooler :) plus as you know a car with alot of power tends to takes it toal on alot of stuff including laptops, mine got slammed into the seat back many times. Plus that adds more weight ;) My haltech was an older one, when i got it i couldn't do the coil system cuz the firmware was too old so i contacted haltech and they helped me out on updating it and answered every question i had great company

Its not a compromise. Motec is very expensive and the haltech is going to do everything i need it to, and will be a very easy install. Im just not very interested in anything that i have to modify the crank pulley. And the price is right:burnout:

Hey Stoney! How much is that Halltech? Is it really that cheaper then one MoTec? You know that later with MoTec or Wlabro TDD you have posibilitty of 2 maps, reverse telemetry and sucha stuff? Does that HallTech or Wolf have that posibilitys? I dont know so am i asking. ^^

I know for MoTec and Walbro TDD that they have all high-tech stuff that is comonly used on WRC and F1. If is really much cheaper Haltech or Wolf i would like to know more about those products.

Best regards Pascal