Paint Scheme for my Z

Bartman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the fade wont look that good trust me, i work at the best body shop in the city and our painter can't even make it look that good. it'll either be to quick of a fade or too slow, unless you get a world renowned painter goodluck.

I can't say I agree with this comment at all. Everyone I know in the Autobody profession thinks they work in the best shop and of course no one else is as good as there painter.

That being said, Keep pushing yourself to the outter limits if needed to achieve what you want. Rome wasn't built in a day and your paint job desires will take time as well.

I've been at it for 31 years now, and I can still pick up on a new trick here and there. Your never too old learn or try something new and different.

I was going to say something about KY at this point, but decided I could't knock the whole state for one silly comment.:ugg:

the fade wont look that good trust me, i work at the best body shop in the city and our painter can't even make it look that good. it'll either be to quick of a fade or too slow, unless you get a world renowned painter goodluck.

Hey Bart: Obvioiusly, they need a new spray guy! Remember, this is CA where most of the outrageous customs come from; not KY. Fades and blends are NOT a complicated operation to master. You need a few basics under your belt, good equipment, and knowing you...just a little practice, as you pick things up rather quickly. If you need some help or have a question get a hold of me or just stop by, since your only 20 mins. away! My new spray booth is almost complete. Finally, getting ready to retire from the Dept., going to hang up my badge and switch guns for one that sprays something a little less lethal! Began pinstriping again, getting back into shooting customs and introducing those "Killer Paint" LaValle style airbrushed flames to the Inland Empire. The "Orange Crate" should be ready to shoot in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing you at the JCCS show this fall. So, let me know and I will set things up when your ready.

Buds, VAN

I thought I would be ready for paint a long time ago; but it looks like it will be quite a while yet before I'm ready. I won't do it until I know I can get it done right.

Hey Bart: Obvioiusly, they need a new spray guy! Remember, this is CA where most of the outrageous customs come from; not KY. Fades and blends are NOT a complicated operation to master. You need a few basics under your belt, good equipment, and knowing you...just a little practice, as you pick things up rather quickly. If you need some help or have a question get a hold of me or just stop by, since your only 20 mins. away! My new spray booth is almost complete. Finally, getting ready to retire from the Dept., going to hang up my badge and switch guns for one that sprays something a little less lethal! Began pinstriping again, getting back into shooting customs and introducing those "Killer Paint" LaValle style airbrushed flames to the Inland Empire. The "Orange Crate" should be ready to shoot in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing you at the JCCS show this fall. So, let me know and I will set things up when your ready.

Buds, VAN

Sounds great VAN, I'm looking forward to seeing your "Orange Crate". I also really like LaValle style flames, and I was thinking of going that route for a while before we decided to go the shark route (me and my family).

Anyway I'll check in with you before I start the paint job.