HybridZ

D-port headers

Well I've been searching to find out what headers I need to get, but all I see is tons of contraversy on the subject. So I look to all of you who have done it. I just bought a motor from my cousin. list of parts as follows:

350 4 bolt

forged speed pro .250 dome pistons

forged I-beam rods

forged crank

tfs 195 heads angle plug

comp solid roller cam (don't know the specs yet)

arp main studs, rod bolts, and head studs.

harland sharp roller lifters

crane stud girdle

mildon windage tray

victor jr. cnc ported intake

holley 750hp carb

It was rated a 500+ hp and It ran 11.56 in a 3800 lbs monte carlo with an open diff. before it was freshened up with alumnium heads and rings and bearings and cam. So now I need to know if the s&s headers fit the angle plug d-port heads? and in a 1978 280z

Thanks for your help

Josh

Im running pretty close to the same set up no 500hp though (not yet he he)

The headers I'm using are the Hooker shorty headers (ceramic coated) and running Accel short header plugs and 90 degree ends on the sprark plug wires. It's close but it fits.

If you look at Jegs they show a set of Patriots with d-ports for angle plug headers. If I were you I'd order a set of those finished in raw and test fit them on the TFS heads. I'm thinking about doing the same to see if I can pick up some additional clearace.

I haven't installed mine yet but they are built for the LT1, be sure to specify all that when you order from JTR, Sanderson will build them with "D" ports and angled plugs.

Do the jtr(sanderson) manifolds fit the angle plug heads? If so thats what I will get. Thanks so much for all the responses It helped me out tons!!!

Josh