HybridZ

My BBC 396 280Z

280zwitha383 could you change a few specs on that dyno??

keeping the costs low lets sellect a flat tappet solid lifter cam matching the heads potential, and add the 4" stroke, 12.7:1 cpr and this cam below to the 434bbc

http://www.crower.com/misc/valve_timing_chart.html

http://www.survivalmotorsports.com/ChevroletBBCams2.html

Chevrolet Performance Camshaft; Part Number SS4265

lifter-type

Solid

Big Block 1967-93 396-454; intake-duration@.050 lift 264; exhaust-duration@.050 lift 274; intake-lift .612; exhaust-lift .637; lobe sep angle 108

io 26 ic 58 @ .050

eo 71 ec 23 @ .050

$74.95

if your going to use those heads ON A 434 BBC use a matching cam (above) and 12.7:1 cpr

with a engine dyno like that

Grumpy, what were the build specs on that 496?

And if you were to drop the compression ratio by one point, but keep everything else absolutely unchanged (so, think of it as shaving the piston dome but magically not affecting the flame propagation or quench, what would be the estimated drop in the torque curve?

BTW I bought my heads (Brodix Race-Rite), lifters and a bunch of other parts for my 454 from Mike Lewis.

"its a 496 bbc street combo

DAVOAZ built with flat top pistons and ported edlebrock performer rpm heads , hydrolic cam, and an rpm intake to run pump gas, 850cfm demon carb."

is all the info I have currently...

__ drop the compression one full point (IE 9:1 from 10:1)and generally youll drop the tq/hp about 4%-5% MINIMUM