HybridZ

I'm Dissapointed With Myself..Got Caught Up In Road Rage Tonight! Long!

slownrusty

It happens to everyone. Glad you made it back home with all your teeth.

I agree that big SUV/hi pickup drivers seem to like the intimidation factor. A while back, minding my own biz, merging onto the freeway in early morning rush hour driving my tiny Miata. Everyone is doing the orderly let a car in, go, let a car in thing, when I spot in my rear view this dick in a big black jacked up pick up agressively scootching all the way down to the LAST possible merge point and cut everyone. I hand the nose out a little and block his move which he inturn tries to play chicken with me. I have position and there is no way I'm going to let him in, so he gets behind me, rides my arse and hi-beams me which I respond to with the bird. Traffic is a parking lot, and there are plenty of witnesses I figure if he pulls a gun (of course this does me no good if he's a nut job). All kinds of scenarios are going through my mind at this point and I always wondered if those years of MA training was ever really going to work for real, guess I'm going to find out, and so I made up my mind I wasn't going to be intimidated by this dick. Dude looked big too. He sat behind me for what was a few tense minutes and proceeded to take the next exit. Whew!

Who knows, maybe he knew himself better and took the "higher road" and cooled off. In hindsight, it prolly wasn't a smart move on my part, but hell it felt good to stick it to this wiener.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, Normally I wouldn't point out something so far fetched...

But I gotta... Gunrack in the BACK WINDOW of a ZCAR? :lmao:

Mike

Hey Mike...I'm up for that. I can fit about three. How about an M16A1 with back to back Bannana clips, 670 Remington with sluggos, and an M79 Grenade launcher with WillyPete, just to practice windage and elevation!

Then again if you went verticle...Maybe 8 LAWS would do the trick! LOL

Funny thing happened today. You'd think after having read (and posted) in this thread I would have done differently...but...

I was driving in typical Boston traffic, driving just a bit too close to the guy in front of me (an SUV), with him riding the ass of the car in front of him. We were on a small road in a storefront area when the SUV suddenly took a right turn up a street, revealing the cars at a dead stop at the light right in front of where he had turned. I didn't need lock up the brakes, but I had to stop now.

I did, but I was now in front of the small side-street intersection blocking both a car and a delivery truck. I backed up a foot (all I could) to let the car squeeeeze by, but I was dead center in the trucks path and he wasn't going anywhere.

Now, if I were in his shoes, I would be mildly annoyed, but understanding. After all, he had front-row seats to what had just happened. Did he wait (im)patiently? Nope. He revved, moved forward, and stopped a couple times until he was less than a foot away from my P/S door in an attempt to what can only be construed as trying to scare me.

{aside} I'm a young white guy in an expensive-looking shiny silver car in a 'bad' neighborhood. {/aside}

That was it for me. I turned on my hazards and waved the guy behind me to go around once the light went green. I then very slowly and casually pulled a cigarette out and lit it, then put my elbow out the window and just stared him down for a good ten seconds before I slowly started moving. To say that he was livid doesn't do his expression justice.

I shouldv'e ignored it, and I usually do ignore such idiocy, but he got under my skin in just the right way. I've been in combat where I've shot and been shot at, I've been married, I've been divorced, and lost nearly everything I owned at one time. Not many people can walk up and intimidate me, and he sure as hell wasn't going to be one of 'em.

That said, I'm an idiot:(

Guest TeamNissan
If some lameo driver got behind me and put on the highbeam, I'd just wave at him to get his attention, and then turn my rear view mirror sideways.

You know that really works too, my gf does it. Either they turn it off and or its not going to bother you anymore...... Good way to defuse the situation.