HybridZ

Centerline facts and prices?(pic)

Guest KraZ4spd

Guest KraZ4spd

I am really getting interested in the 'Centerline Mojave' style #817.

817-Mojave.jpg

Does anybody know how versital their fitments are and what the prices are? I'm going for 17x8's.

I figured that they should be decent for all of their racing apps. Plus these would be pretty easy to clean. 2thumbs.gif

When I contacted them last year, the guy said all of the Billet wheels will fit the Z cars. I have been eyeing up the 816 but now they have the new 817 that I really like. Unfortunatley for me they don't make a 9" wide wheel, they make a 9.5" wheel and 9 inches is as wide as I can go on an unflared car. Last I checked the prices for the wheels are about $279 ea., but that was last year.

!M!

WOW WOW WOW, now you guys are giving me bad ideas...

That is the most beautiful Centerline wheel I have ever seen! I've never been big on them at all but I think those would look great on a Z-car. I'm planning on doing some ZG style fender flares and a set of those would look GOOD under them. 17x9.5, peace...

My friend Joel just got his wheels for his 510 today after an eight-month wait. They're Racing Hart C-2s, custom drilled for the Datsun pattern, ordered from Japan. 17x8 front, 17x9 rear, $510 EACH. yikes!

FYI Guys, Centerline will NOT make a 4 lug wheel ANY WIDER than 8 inches. I spoke to one of their customer reps last year when I was eyeing the AZTEC wheel and they just wouldn't budge... Thats why I went 5 lug. So if you don't need to go wider than 8 inches, I've owned centerlines and they are increadibly light and reasonably priced.

Mike :D

It probably is pure economics--they can't justify making less than say 500 of any particular wheel in a specific 4-bolt pattern that people won't buy most, if not all of them. Also, it could be a "safety" or "engineering" issue. Who knows.

Davy

Cool wheel. I haven't looked at their wheels since I bought mine. I ordered through Summit a 16x7 with 4" backspacing and I think they were $169 each. Took about 5 weeks to get as they were a custom order. They have by far the most options for a Z, since they ACTUALLY make a wheel that fits... I put billet stars on my '84 Corvette and felt the same way at the time. I've run Centerline wheels for $15 years with virtually no problems. I have a set of AutoDrags that leak through the middle, but that's not a problem on the billet wheels as they are welded.

redz1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I like those wheels and was considering these as well. Perhaps Nion could do his magic on these to show what they might look like. SAHARA.jpg

Since the wheels I really wanted are discontinued (Konig Monsoons) cry2.gif I am back to looking at Centerlines. This wheel thing has got me really steamed fmad.gif as wheels can make or break the way a car looks.

Any opinions on these?