HybridZ

it doesnt fit :(

today i decided to test fit the engine even though i dont have the transmission yet. i really just wanted to see if the intake would clear the hood. well intake will not fit. a big problem is the rear part of the intake hits the latch so i cant move the engine all the way back. it also would certainly hit the steering rack. i def need to move the engine back more for the turbo also. its a big turbo that i want to mount in the front of the engine comparments, theres no way it will fit with the engine as close to the front as it is now. so i guess im gunna use an ls1 intake....although i really didnt want to....oh well. sorry if the pictures are too big

btw i dont plan on using that big ugly fan, just was to lazy to take it off.

415618161_f14104aebf_b.jpg

415618157_c7b06a1f0e_b.jpg

415618167_0bd44cf8d0_b.jpg

415618174_88babd5ea8_b.jpg

Get a LS1 or 6 manifold or buy a custom low profile sheetmetal one especially since by the size of that turbo you're runnning BIG boost. I wouldn't take the chance on a stock 5.3L plastic intake. Best of luck finding the solution,

Tyson

You have that motor about 6 inches farther forward than it needs to be. I am running a carb's intake, but have the front of my pulley sits right over the middle of my steering rack.

You don't have to eliminate the hood latch. Just move it over 5 or 6 inches. Common mod. That is what I am going to do to allow a 14 inch air cleaner. Look at Pete Paraska's alteredz.com site to see how he did it.

You can also put up to 1/2 inch spacers between the crossmember and frame rails (i.e. JTR spacers) to gain some more hood clearance.

Moving the engine back should help with the hood clearance issues. The Z hood slopes pretty good so farther back is better.

Where is your alternator going to be?

i went ahead and drilled the spot weld and removed the latch..

AND IT FITS!

really close though...i did put the engine kind of high up for a safety space but it fits. the hood i have helps out alot, its like it was made to fit around that intake!

its kinda dark now but ill make sure to take some pictures tomarrow before i pull the engine out again.

thanks for all the help guys, i would have gave up without it!

You have that motor about 6 inches farther forward than it needs to be. I am running a carb's intake, but have the front of my pulley sits right over the middle of my steering rack.

You don't have to eliminate the hood latch. Just move it over 5 or 6 inches. Common mod. That is what I am going to do to allow a 14 inch air cleaner. Look at Pete Paraska's alteredz.com site to see how he did it.

You can also put up to 1/2 inch spacers between the crossmember and frame rails (i.e. JTR spacers) to gain some more hood clearance.

Moving the engine back should help with the hood clearance issues. The Z hood slopes pretty good so farther back is better.

Where is your alternator going to be?

btw i clicked the link and it didnt work. id really like to see that site.

also i have the orignal alternator bracket for the engine so i think ill keep it in the stock location(although i dont like how it looks). i may use all the acc. from a z28 becuse then the belt will be closer to the engine. in need all the space i can get in front of the engine becuase of the turbo.