HybridZ

Strut Bump Stop Search

Hey guys, Did a search but still seeking a source. Looking for decent bumpstops for 240 strut shafts. The ones purchased from GC were made of foam which deteriorated rather quickly. A more substantial material that will last on the street would be ideal. Poly-urethene? Or?... Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks!

Brian

Good question Mario. Struts are not sectioned but the car is only 1 inch lower than stock. They just seemed cheap when installing and lasted about 1000 miles. Maybe thats normal, I really don't know. Illuminas with 300r/275f springs, no rear sway, stock front sway, DP biscut plates. The car rides stiff indeed I can't see it bottoming out too much.

The stops included in the Energy Suspension poly bushing kit are urethane. They should hold up much longer than the ones from GC.

Mine look like they're brand new and I know I bottom out many times while Auto-Xing with the Tokico lowering springs.

Wheelman

If you want inexpensive ones get some from a VW rabbit (don't know years) they are made of rubber, and have a couple obvious points to cut to make them whatever length you want.

I ran these for a few years before upgrading to poly.

I thought the ES ones were like $8 for a pair. I don't think it's going to get too much cheaper than that.

Thank you everyone for your help. Hybridz is the best forum on the internet! I found these through summit racing.

Brian

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ENS%2D7%2D6104R&N=700+400008+4294907666+4294902027+115&autoview=sku