HybridZ

MSA/Any speaker box for 83 280zx

nbesheer

I want to build a speaker box for the back of my car right infront of the tail ligts but if I remember correctly the MSA one is like 200 bones or so. and I don't have that much to spend on a box. so does anyone have a box that they can give me dimensions for ? or a lplace to get one that is cheeper then the speakers going in it lol.(that was a joke i do plan on geting better speakers some day)

yeah, its a 280zx 2+2, i should be done by the end of the week. As for specs on the box, its built around a single infinty kappa perfect 10.1, (i made a 2d cad model of the sub, and designed the profile of the box around it, with VERY tight clearences, so this box will not work for very many subs). Its built from 1/2" mdf, should be very stealthy, has a volume of 1565 cu. inches, and is sealed. Mine will be wrapped in vinyl to match the interior, and will feature a cloth grille, also color matched to the interior. It does not take up the entire width of the hatch, so later when it warms up this summer, i'll fab some fiberglass panels to stretch from the box to the sides of the interior, and also cover the amp.

Well what i was thinking of is like a box that you can put like 2 6x9 skears or something. But then I started thinking I should just get the alpines that fit in the standard rear speaker holes and then build a sub for the back. so yeah maybe some pictures and/or specs would be cool.

Well what i was thinking of is like a box that you can put like 2 6x9 skears or something. But then I started thinking I should just get the alpines that fit in the standard rear speaker holes and then build a sub for the back. so yeah maybe some pictures and/or specs would be cool.

well you could definately put 6x9's in the back, you just have to divide it into 2 equal volume chamber with a baffle, and off you go. I built a model of my infinity sub in cad, and the tolerances are are very tight. There is 3/8" between the bottom of the box and the corner of the magnet. This box would not work with anything bigger than a 10" sub, and even then, i'm sure there very few that would actually fit.

I'll measure my box tomorrow for you - I wouldn't put great speakers behind the seats - you're only using them for "fill" - most of the highs go away because they're mounted so low and aimed at your butt...I used some 6.5" Pioneer co-ax's and have been more than happy.

Of course, my system is more for quality than quantity - loud enough is able to hear everything wih the t-tops off at speed!

Well what I have now is some Pioneer or Panasonic 4" (I think) speakers up front, one in the right speaker spot of my 280zx and I left hte center one there and placed the left on above my right knee whne I sit in the driver seat. and in the back holes I have crappy what ever size hole Jensens and if I drive with the windows down I have to put my crappy jensen headunit up to 80 (out of 100) on the volume and it sounds like crap. So I was thinking I would get a new alpine headunit, love those things, and then the apline speakers that fit in there, I don't need it to be super loud just so i can listen to decent music.