HybridZ

no booster?

I was looking at the wilwood brakes on ArizonaZCar. so, I started looking at other wilwood products avalable and noticed on all of the instalation pages on thier site they never mentioned a brake booster/master vac.

question is, has anyone run a 240/260/280 on just a master cylinder without the booster?

how does it feel, how does it perform?

thanks,

chris

I know he recommends a specific master cylinder for his products.

I've driven a Z with no booster and I didn't think it was bad at all, I don't know how it would be with all the AZ Zcar products but if my booster fails I'm definitely making a spacer to delete it (stock brakes now though...).

Mario

I'm almost certain some zcars came with manual brakes (no booster) The wildwood ones are made to be manual. If your booster died though, you would want to swap a manual master cylinder in, not just delete the booster. The ratios are different. Pedal effort will be much higher.

• 7 months later...

Perhaps this will work wothout a booster? ...its sure looks familiar!

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds439.pdf and

http://www.wilwood.com/PDF/ds439.pdf

I too would like to eliminate the booster to further clean up underhood appearances. Im also installing the AZC 6 pots front and 4 pot rear and would like to ensure lots of brake pressure.

I just emailed Wilwood to find out if runs with or without and will report.

I'm using ArizonaZCar's race brakes with Wilwood master cylinders and pedals without a booster. The pedal is very firm and makes contact near the "top". It does not have the normal pedal travel you may be accustomed to in the OEM setup. The entire system works very great!

• 1 year later...