HybridZ

New msa strut brace?

This new msa 3 point strut brace looks nice...not for $229 but a nice design anyway. Im thinking of using this idea to make my own. Is it worth it to build a style that bolts to the strut bolts or should I weld my own mounts to the tower? If I build mine on the center of the tower it goes dirrectly over my su oil fill. Is it better to center the brace on the tower? I was thinking of making one like the msa so I dont have to weld around the motor. Then next winter I can weld brackets to the tower when I go with camber plates and when my motor is out of the way.

large234235.jpg

I would like to make something like this next winter but if the msa type is junk Ill just wait.

completedfrontendreinforcementwitht.jpg

Yeah that is the top end bar at $30 more than the price in JustinOlson's link.

Looks like a good design. I will have to copy that with my LS2 swap. Except the LS motor sits low enough none of the bars need to be curved.

The firewall gets pretty thin up at the top like that. But I can see where just having that solid U shap will help with the twisting. Still, I think a brace behind the top of the firewall would be benificial.

Are these 2 designs equal in function? (bolt to strut bolts or bolt to brackets thats are welded to the strut tower)

This bolt on 3 point design is bolted at the firewall through the lip of the cowl where the firewal and cowl meet. Does that seem okay if its reinforced from the back with a little extra steel?

I don't like the bend in these (kind of defeats the purpose):

large234235.jpg

This is much better as it has a straight horizontal tube (if it clears the valve cover):

completedfrontendreinforcementwitht.jpg

This is what I have on my track car (still has a bend in it), and it made a noticable difference in stiffness:

P1010004.jpg