HybridZ

Finally gonna test the stroker.

I'm heading out to a local 1/8 mile track tonight to see what this 383 will do. My skinny tires are getting kinda worn (for some reason), so I expect my 60' times will suffer but should be fun anyway. Will post the results...if I'm proud of them :)

Jeff

just learn to ease into the throttle as you launch you DON,T want to just floor it untill your moving well.. and youll get the hang of it quickly..BTW adjust the tires air pressure up/down UNTILL you get a full width even black patch as you launch

edges darker too low

center darker too high

BTW shift at no higher than 6400rpm

just learn to ease into the throttle as you launch you DON,T want to just floor it untill your moving well.. and youll get the hang of it quickly..BTW adjust the tires air pressure up/down UNTILL you get a full width even black patch as you launch

edges darker too low

center darker too high

BTW shift at no higher than 6400rpm

I'm pretty good at keeping it hooked up. I've never been able to just dump it. Last time you advised how to drive it you said shift at 7300!! What are you getting scared? He He!

I have my rev limiter at 7000 and don't plan to hit it.

.206 rt

1.8121 60 ft (dang skiny tires)

5.0519 330 ft

7.7074 1/8

92.27 mph

Best top speed of the night was a 93.09, Had to really feather first gear to keep from spinning and wheel hop. Does this equate to a sub 12 second 1/4? My former best of a 12.39 was a 7.999 1/8 mile. Best of all, it made it thru 6 passes then the 45 minute drive home. Differential did start leaking a little oil though...Hmmm.

http://www.warwickdragway.com/Calculators.html

7.7 1/8 equals aproximately 12.01 1/4

get decent traction and your well into the 11s, once the traction issues handled ID suspect some tunning issues need looking into, but your getting there!!

what did the engine feel like in comparison to the old 350 it replaced

http://www.warwickdragway.com/Calculators.html

7.7 1/8 equals aproximately 12.01 1/4

get decent traction and your well into the 11s, once the traction issues handled ID suspect some tunning issues need looking into, but your getting there!!

what did the engine feel like in comparison to the old 350 it replaced

I figure I'll be very close to the 11's as I was only .39 away from it in the 1/4 mile before and I just knocked almost .3 off my best 1/8 mile with a slower 60 ft.

It felt stronger for sure but is has been over 6 months since I ran it and that was in the day time vs being dark last night. Feels faster in the dark. It pulls all the way thru to 7000 even with the preformer RPM intake.

I have a few videos, poor quality, but will try and post from work monday when I have access to high speed. I did beat a porche (twice), A pretty tuff LS1 firebird on street slicks and a super charged mustang on street slicks.