HybridZ

The spoils of war

dr_hunt

Well, got the 509 all fired up, carb fixed, tuned, etc. Sounded meaner than hell. Smoked tires up and down the street, wow'ed a few friends and was having fun on the small 235r 16MS tires.

So, having all that fun, we decided to bolt on the big 39.5 x 17Wide x 15 cut boggers and have even more fun with all this new HP.

A few romps in the back yard proved to be a little much for the old 2wd th350 trans case!

DSC00785.JPG

So, my buddies came to rescue. Tomorrow I'm going to have a 4wd th350 case with all my internals installed and I'll slap that baby in tomorrow afternoon.

That and make the 4wd braces and bracket for the tansfer case to the frame.

Do you think the new casing will be stronger? Will it be a stronger setup because of extra bracing from the frame to the casing? Or did it cannon just due to the fact that you had the super swampers on the back producing too much torqe? Next time you go muddin with your z please take video !!!!

Do you think the new casing will be stronger? Will it be a stronger setup because of extra bracing from the frame to the casing? Or did it cannon just due to the fact that you had the super swampers on the back producing too much torqe? Next time you go muddin with your z please take video !!!!

Way too much torque and the transfer case was not mounted to the frame, which it will be now.

the 4wd drive case is definatly stronger but the problem here is ill bet its still not strong enought have you concidered going with the th400? it alot more solid

We disassembled the th350 this AM, the clutches were begining to burn, so I opted for the th400 and another np208 case, which now resides in the '33 dodge. I just got finished about 10PM installing it all. My buddy Tony came over and helped me stab the trans and t case and bolt everything up.

Works great.

So, now to fab the t case mount to the frame and then another one from the back of the driver side cylinder head to the lower frame rail in case the frame is flexing under torque.

We'll see. I hope to get some good vids that may show just what the frame is doing.

Way too much torque and the transfer case was not mounted to the frame, which it will be now.

We disassembled the th350 this AM, the clutches were begining to burn, so I opted for the th400 and another np208 case, which now resides in the '33 dodge. I just got finished about 10PM installing it all. My buddy Tony came over and helped me stab the trans and t case and bolt everything up.

Works great.

So, now to fab the t case mount to the frame and then another one from the back of the driver side cylinder head to the lower frame rail in case the frame is flexing under torque.

We'll see. I hope to get some good vids that may show just what the frame is doing.

make sure you get some pics for me i am about to undergo this advanture too;-)