HybridZ

sticky a swap list?

snowboardin58

I think it would be helpful for a lot of people if somebody made a sticky thread for a list or lists of parts needed. Like the bare minimum or what is going to be needed for swaps, and maybe approximate prices if possible, and if people wanted they could post what they had involved in their swaps. I know I for one wouldn't mind this as I am reading all into the 26 swap to do within the next year and a half. But a list of you will need the ofllowing items may also help to clear a lot of questions up. Just a thought

yes I saw those, which do answer a lot of questions. I just figure an organized list, like straight-up list, could be nice..maybe in another thread but I mean like:

*RB26DETT engine............................~$3000USD

*GTS-T 5-Speed or z32 5-speed.........~$600

*clutch master cylinder from xxx

*stock ECU(if no aftermarket)..............~$2000.

ect. ect.

I mean no rush but it was juust a thought(I guess I'm used to different ways of doing things on different forums)

Guest TeamNissan

I personaly think anyone who cant do that kind of simple research themselves shouldnt really be attempting a swap. Thats just my opinion though.

There is also something to be said about having to do your own reseach rather then having everything spoon fed to you. You learn a good deal of info.

Sometimes its good to have a little direction but if everything was laid out for people then everyone would have RB swaps in their Z's...Its bad enough that Mckinney makes kits now, Have some fun and do research, A better part of each night I read through random things on the forum and learn new things every night.

Bare minimum to have a running reliable street car....10K if you do everything on your own. little cheaper to do the Rb25. period dot end of story search this forum and you find everything you need.