HybridZ

Fuel tank question

Deja,

Here is a picture of the back of my car showing how low the tank hangs below the rear valance. It's lower then I thought but higher then the stock tank I think.

Wheelman

Thanks. I made my mount today, not welded in yet. My tank will be not visible from the back at all and is still below the old floor. I will post picts as soon as I can get my buddy to weld it in.

Mopar69,

You have to remove the spare tire well to install an LS1 tank.

I don't think it raises the CG much if at all, especially if the tank is not full.

I haven't made it to an event in Spokane yet but I want to. I talked to several guys from up there at the last event I attended down here (last weekend). They all said they prefer the Tri-Cities events because you get more runs and the people aren't as uptight about classing rules. I guess I'll find out when I attend a Spokane event.

The next event I'm going to is in Yakima at the end of this month.

I'd also like to attend one of the "Friday at the Track" events at the SRP road course, it's supposed to be a very fast track. The local Spokane BMW club runs them.

If I head up that way I'll be sure to let you know far enough ahead so you can come watch if you'd like.

Wheelman

Deja,

Here is a picture of the back of my car showing how low the tank hangs below the rear valance. It's lower then I thought but higher then the stock tank I think.Wheelman

Those tank straps don't look like the stock Chevy straps. If not, what did you use? My stock straps will work but I will need a rather long ( about a foot) mounting bracket to hook up the "T" end.

The straps are galvanized steel strap I got at a metal supply store. I made a frame from 1x2 18 guage tubing. I should have taken pictures but as I said before I'm terrible at getting tunnel vision until a project is done.

Wheelman