HybridZ

Need help on turbo swap

s130turbo

I know this sort of thing is looked down upon but Ive tried the search function and couldnt find what i needed. So now to the question what electrical stuff has to be swapped in order for a 280zx na to turbo swap. I know I need the harness, afm, and ecu plus the distributor and fuel pump but is there anything else that needs to be done. Also anybody out there have any of the afformentioned parts for sale

Well if you want to use the stock turbo gauges you're in for a bit of fun. That's where I'm at now. I'm just doing a complete wiring conversion so that 100% of behind the dash is from the turbo car, not quite as easy as you might think. But it's also not that hard, just painfully tedious.

The evap is slightly different, but I'm not sure it really matters. I'm still a fan of just getting a donor car. You can find them running for cheap enough and it'll have all the parts in working order, since you'll be buying one that runs (i hope).

Some of my injectors were bad and now i'm really kicking myself. I'd seen at least 10+ 280ZX turbo cars at the junkyard last summer and now they've disappeared for the moment, but once one turns up I'll be pullng the injectors from it.

I'm still not 100% positive on the driveshaft requirements. I'm just gonna pull one from a turbo car once I find one (my donor car is a 2+2). There's lots of possible sizes but I don't know how many nissan TRULY had for sure, and I haven't found anyone who's given me a FOR SURE answer that knows, though I know there are some people on here that DO know, but I don't press the issue much, it's not a big deal.

There's the auto VS manual length. Then you have turbo VS NA length (T5 tranny in the turbo) then you have the 2+2 varieties of both combinations. So that's 2 x 2 x 2. So 8 possibly lengths, but I think there was just 4 at most. I think the T5 is the same length of a transmission as the NA tranny, but I can't confirm this yet, but I am positive they're a different driveshaft. I think the auto trannies are the same length too, and will use their respective NA or turbo counterparts.