HybridZ

Well guys ive just came acros a deal i cannot give up. i can get a 2005 gto 6.0. well what i was wandering is what are the similarities between the ls2 mounts and the common 350 mounts. the ls2 already has well built heads. so i really want this engine. i know the driver side headers have to be custom made. and im pretty sure the mounts also have to be custom made. unless the 280z and 280zx mounts are the same. then i can get the ones made for the ls2/280z. also my car has a r200 diff and i know i need a camaro drive shaft shortened and with the new rear yoke. so any help would be needed on this swap.

hmmm. do u have any specs on the ls2 mounts? because the ls2 isnt similair to the sbc 350. from what i have heard. and i would do a sbc but the engine im getting has built heads and is an ls2 for only 1g. so ya. i really want to do this swap. i might end up buying a 280z and doing the swap in that....gosh this sucks... 400+hp and only 1g. i need help. specs on mounts would be great. lsX owners help me...lol also any specs about the 81 280zx mounts would be great

Guest Crispy Chicken
hmmm. do u have any specs on the ls2 mounts? because the ls2 isnt similair to the sbc 350. from what i have heard. and i would do a sbc but the engine im getting has built heads and is an ls2 for only 1g. so ya. i really want to do this swap. i might end up buying a 280z and doing the swap in that....gosh this sucks... 400+hp and only 1g. i need help. specs on mounts would be great. lsX owners help me...lol also any specs about the 81 280zx mounts would be great

If you decide not to do the swap i'll give you 1500 for the ls2 haha.. I don't care if its stolen or not. I'll put it in my truck!!!

Guest BoiseZConversion

try brokenkitty.com (johns z cars tx) got his mounts for an ls1 in a 77 280, fits like a glove, relatively painless to do

Guest BoiseZConversion

try brokenkitty.com (johns z cars tx) got his mounts for an ls1 in a 77 280, fits like a glove, relatively painless to do

IMO, sell the ZX and buy a 280Z, spare yourself all the pain. another thing, 280Zs look much much better than the ZX, but still this is my opinion. i would never install a V8 in a 280ZX, they are not worth it, once again, this is MO.

IMO, sell the ZX and buy a 280Z, spare yourself all the pain. another thing, 280Zs look much much better than the ZX, but still this is my opinion. i would never install a V8 in a 280ZX, they are not worth it, once again, this is MO.

Oh, Ali! You're killing me, man! Nothing wrong with ZX's they just need a little more lovin' to look as good :D