HybridZ

Any Key Starts My Datsun???

JustinOlson

The first week I bought my 240z, my one and only key snapped inside my door while trying to unlock it. I found out that same key I used to start the car wasn't even made for the ignition. It was at a gas station when it happened, and I used my house keyes to start up my car. I pulled the broken key, jb-welded back together, got spares made, bought an ignition lock cylinder for 8 bucks off ebay, installed it, and wallah. Only my key will start my car, and believe it or not you can't take it out while it's running. :-P Unlike before.

I had this problem too. Until a "friend" of mine moved my car while my wife and I were in the movie theater one night and didn't bother to tell me until after the cops were there taking a report. The cop asked if anyone else had keys the car and I said no....But, wait let me check something real quick... Glad he got a good laugh out of it, I'm still pissed about it. But, it prompted me to very quickly change all my locking cylinders out with ones out of a parts car that had good locks. Now I can open all my doors and hatch with the same key as the ignition. And this one does come out while running, but doesn't turn over with any key anymore.