HybridZ

Had My Car Professionally Photographed...PICS!

slownrusty

Had my ole 911 Turbo professionally photographed and thought I would share the pics.

The photographer does alot of architecture but has a passion for sexxy cars, his website is http://www.willyoungphotgraphy.com

The car is an '89 (which is the last year for the 930) and the paint is all 100% original. The pics were not (digitally) touched up at all. The car has over 56K on it, so its not exactly a garage queen either. The 3/4 bay intercooler was designed by myself, the car is making 420hp at 1bar of boost, all work on this car has been done by myself at home (turbo upgrades, custom headers, lowering, interior upgrades etc etc). We went for an industrial look in the pics hence all the crap in the background.

Its a pity the pics were taken BEFORE I powder coated the fan and housing...oh well..timing. Enjoy! Good news is that this spring we are going to do another photoshoot with a few more exotic cars but have beautiful leggy creatures posing next to the cars!

244867748.jpg

244867767.jpg

244867808.jpg

244867865.jpg

244867917.jpg

244867958.jpg

Engine shot after the powder coating taken with my cheap digital camera:

244869632.jpg

Regards - Yasin

But what is up with that background?

I was thinking the same thing ... after prep of the car, the background is the next most important thing, you need a good clean simple background, no visual 'noise' to distract the eyes. I've already been scoping out some nice area's around here to do some photos when my car arrives.

Edit: re-read your post ... industrial look ... I get it ... another great shoot I have seen is with the car in front of a large set of transformers at a power station. All the steel made for a cool background, but the shoot was also to busy. If you can get the focal lenght right, the background 'fades' and the car (subject) will really pop while giving you that same feel you were going for.

I would think about having the background blurred to help draw the eye to the car and not the background. Same thing as if he used a shorter focal lenght when shooting (forgive me if I am wrong, haven't been behind a camera in a couple of years).

Still, that is one nice 911. Great car!

Guest l28et
Looks fantastic! What kind of car is to the left of the porsche in the garage? What did Porsche use for the rocker panel coating?

That is the highly coveted BMW M1, their first supercar. Uber rare.

I remember him mentioning that his friend owned the largest BMW collection or something to that effect. I am assuming from the rare cars sitting there, thats the collection hes talking about..

Beautiful car Yasin. Is it true what they say about 930's and turbo lag? Maybe it's an urban legend but I've always heard that the 930 was not for novice drivers since the power came on like a 2-stroke instead gradually like the later models. I also admire you for the fact that your have such stunning Porsche and still are passionate about Z's Cool!

Hi Gang - Thanks for all the replies and compliments! To be fair to the photgrapher, we were running out of daylight and he wanted to get some good shots of the car as the sun was going down and we had to be close to the warehouse where the BMWs are kept for the "art-sy" industrial look.

So the choices were not the best for that typical industrial background look. He realized that as well, which is why another shoot is planned for Spring with actual scantily clad models and more time to plan things out.

The car looks good, and I thank you again for your compliments.

I am a true Datsun guy at heart (I should be seeing that I own three of them!) but air cooled 911s run VERY deep in my veins, as many of you can relate.

Gabe - The car weighs the same as my ZX Turbo (2900lbs) and it has incredible acceleration and throttle response!

jgkurz - My car was laggy and felt a little lethargic, which is why after one week of ownership I had to upgrade the turbo, exhuast, headerts etc etc. The car is a rocket now but at the same time is docile to drive around town.

In the garage, shot, the car to left of mine is an actual covetted M1 and belongs to a good friend of mine who owns the largest private BMW collection in the US, there are a few bad boys in there, I wish were mine! LOL

Thanks again!

Regards - Yasin

Guest Surfsup
Had my ole 911 Turbo professionally photographed and thought I would share the pics.

The photographer does alot of architecture but has a passion for sexxy cars, his website is www.willyoungphotgraphy.com

The car is an '89 (which is the last year for the 930) and the paint is all 100% original. The pics were not (digitally) touched up at all. The car has over 56K on it, so its not exactly a garage queen either. The 3/4 bay intercooler was designed by myself, the car is making 420hp at 1bar of boost, all work on this car has been done by myself at home (turbo upgrades, custom headers, lowering, interior upgrades etc etc). We went for an industrial look in the pics hence all the crap in the background.

Its a pity the pics were taken BEFORE I powder coated the fan and housing...oh well..timing. Enjoy! Good news is that this spring we are going to do another photoshoot with a few more exotic cars but have beautiful leggy creatures posing next to the cars!

244867748.jpg

244867767.jpg

244867808.jpg

244867865.jpg

244867917.jpg

244867958.jpg

Engine shot after the powder coating taken with my cheap digital camera:

244869632.jpg

Regards - Yasin

thats a crazy sick ass car you got there. :cool: