HybridZ

1/4 mile top out?

We are running a 3.54 gears, 2 speed power glide, 28" tires. In the 1/4 we shift at 7500 rpm and go through the lights at 6500 rpm's. I hope this helps you.... Not sure if you will top out or not, I guess it depends on what rpm you shift at.

John

Im running 3.90 gears, a TH-350 tranny (1:1 3rd gear ratio) and 26" tall tires. 300 hp. wil I top out in the run.

Guest Gr8White
Im running 3.90 gears, a TH-350 tranny (1:1 3rd gear ratio) and 26" tall tires. 300 hp. wil I top out in the run.

HP has nothing to do with whether you will top out and there isn't enough information to calculate.... MPH will be the governing factor. Regardless of how much HP you have, you will only be at a particular RPM at a particular mph in a particular gear (assuming no tranny slippage). What mph do you think you will be running? Have you run in the 1/8th yet? If you don't know what MPH, how much does the car weigh with you in it and is the 300 hp rwhp of flywheel hp? You can guestimate MPH from this and then calculate RPM....

I had a very similar setup in a prior Z, and 95 to 100 was about as fast as I felt comfortable pushing it. Granted, I was pretty happy with how fast I got to 100mph, but that was pretty much all she wrote, and mine did top out in less distance than a 1/4. I never dynoed that car, so how much this actually relates to your car I do not know.